No problem
    2010-08-15 09:34 AM
    Well everything seems to be fine except that Wi-Fi connectivity has changed and now sometimes i need to turn wi-fi off/on 3-4 times in order to get connected to the router which I used to connect to with first attempt with older ios.

The second problem came up right after i installed Ultrasn0w 1.1-1, after rebooting the device when its booting on there is a loader in the middle plus there is some kind of coloury thing on the top of the screen here are the images i took to show you

At first everything is fine:

After a second or two the coloury thing and the loading logo appear:

Loading logo(or whatever its called):

Is there anyway to fix this thing ? and is there any fix for the wi-fi problem ?

2010-08-15 04:41 PM
    The screen thing is normal, seems to happen to every one that jailbreaked with jailbreakme.com, also try resetting network settings, sometimes fixs wifi issues
    2010-08-15 04:44 PM
    Hello,
    I have the same problem, my iphone 3GS is in 3.1.2 (jailbroken and unlocked using blackra1n)...its an MC model so this is a tethered JB.
    Anyways, since I lost my original ATT Sim card I wasn´t able to update to 4.0.1. I bought a universal sim activation card which arrived yesterday. So I´m trying to update from 3.1.2 to 4.0.1...I did the make-my-life-easier thing from cydia and used umbrella as well. When I go to cydia it tells me it saved my shsh for 3.1.2, 3.1.3, 4.0 and 4.0.1 so I guess I can upgrade to this versions using the instructions I found on this post.(WILL13)
    Problem is, when I get to step 2: Shift + restore...it only gives me two options: cancel or update and restore. I guess if I click the second option it will download and install 4.0.2 and leave me with a bricked phone...

So Im stuck...I think maybe I can just turn my iphone off (since its a tethered JB it goes in recovery mode everytime I turn it off)...and then Shift + restore and hopefully it will let me choose the 4.0.1 firmware...am I right?

Please help, thank you!

Liz

Hello,
    I have the same problem, my iphone 3GS is in 3.1.2 (jailbroken and unlocked using blackra1n)...its an MC model so this is a tethered JB.
    Anyways, since I lost my original ATT Sim card I wasn´t able to update to 4.0.1. I bought a universal sim activation card which arrived yesterday. So I´m trying to update from 3.1.2 to 4.0.1...I did the make-my-life-easier thing from cydia and used umbrella as well. When I go to cydia it tells me it saved my shsh for 3.1.2, 3.1.3, 4.0 and 4.0.1 so I guess I can upgrade to this versions using the instructions I found on this post.(WILL13)
    Problem is, when I get to step 2: Shift + restore...it only gives me two options: cancel or update and restore. I guess if I click the second option it will download and install 4.0.2 and leave me with a bricked phone...

So Im stuck...I think maybe I can just turn my iphone off (since its a tethered JB it goes in recovery mode everytime I turn it off)...and then Shift + restore and hopefully it will let me choose the 4.0.1 firmware...am I right?

Please help, thank you!

Liz
    Last edited by lcass; 2010-08-15 at 06:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-08-15 06:04 PM
    are you using a mac Liz?
    2010-08-15 06:36 PM
    yes I use a mac, I actually went ahead, turned off my iphone and restored to 4.0.1 with a universal sim activation card, everything worked...I set it up as a new iphone, then ran jailbreakme.com...then I upgraded everything in cydia and installed ultrasn0w...then the iphone rebooted...everyone great but when I changed the universal sim to my sim card, it puts my phone back in emergency calls only. I can receive calls and I can see my carriers logo...but it's locked! itunes tells me the sim card is invalid...I'm stuck...what can I do?
    Thank u Will13...you rock ><
    2010-08-15 06:51 PM
    I had a problem very simler to that 3 days ago, reboot it and see if that fixes it
    2010-08-15 06:56 PM
    same thing happens...I rebooted with the univ. sim card and it worked...but then I put mine and it gets stuck again...very frustrating...what could I do? Tks
    2010-08-15 07:05 PM
    well its wierd why iTunes say its invaild, the only thing I can think of is to restore, and this time install your sim after you have activated it, and then jailbreak and unlock on that sim, but you could allways try re-installing ultrasn0w with your normal sim in the iPhone before that, then rebooting
    2010-08-15 07:10 PM
    I can´t re install using my normal sim cuz once I put it in it locks the screen...but I´m restoring right now again, and will follow ur instructions
    thanks for the help...I hope it works out or else my gf will kill me!
    2010-08-15 07:16 PM
    sorry forgot about that..
    2010-08-15 07:22 PM
    Will-

I have been reading this post. I am very new to the jailbreak so please excuse the ignorance. I have a 3GS on 3.1.2. I went to jailbreakme.com and ran through the steps. The phone is jailbroken. I would like to now upgrade to 4.0.x via itunes but only 4.0.2 is available. I believe this will close the hole that led to the jailbreakme.com to work and thus leave me without a jailbreak....so this post seemed to fit except I am not wishing unlocking the phone.

As with acida the top of my Cydia says “This device has a pending TSS request”.

I have downloaded the 3GS 4.0.1 firmware from this site and used TinyUmbrella which saved off ....-iphone-4.0.1.shsh

From what I have read my understanding is that I can use these to upgrade the phone to 4.0.1. Is that correct?

Further along you say "yes you will lose your data and contacts because your setting it up as a new phone". I'm not clear on what will be lost. I can get the contacts and such back but what about my notes, my music, and the apps I have purchased from the apple store, how do I get that back on the phone?? Won't all that be tied to my old phone in itunes??

I'm sure I'm missing or not understanding something because this can't be right...If not too much trouble can you enlighten me or point me to where I can find the answers. I have not been successful in my searches.

Thanks !!
    2010-08-15 07:29 PM
    Will-

I have been reading this post. I am very new to the jailbreak so please excuse the ignorance. I have a 3GS on 3.1.2. I went to jailbreakme.com and ran through the steps. The phone is jailbroken. I would like to now upgrade to 4.0.x via itunes but only 4.0.2 is available. I believe this will close the hole that led to the jailbreakme.com to work and thus leave me without a jailbreak....so this post seemed to fit except I am not wishing unlocking the phone.

As with acida the top of my Cydia says “This device has a pending TSS request”.

I have downloaded the 3GS 4.0.1 firmware from this site and used TinyUmbrella which saved off ....-iphone-4.0.1.shsh

From what I have read my understanding is that I can use these to upgrade the phone to 4.0.1. Is that correct?

Further along you say "yes you will lose your data and contacts because your setting it up as a new phone". I'm not clear on what will be lost. I can get the contacts and such back but what about my notes, my music, and the apps I have purchased from the apple store, how do I get that back on the phone?? Won't all that be tied to my old phone in itunes??

I'm sure I'm missing or not understanding something because this can't be right...If not too much trouble can you enlighten me or point me to where I can find the answers. I have not been successful in my searches.

Thanks !!
    if you have your SHSH blobs saved, then yes you can upgrade, and the only things you will lose is contacts, bookmarks, texts, photos (if you dont save them before upgrading) and emails, I dont know about notes sorry, and you will still keep all your music and apps, because there bond to your account, not your device
    2010-08-15 07:34 PM
    ok so I restored again, with the Univ. Sim, I set up as new phone and then took out that SIM. Now I havent installed my normal SIM yet cuz when I do it, it locks the phone. So first Im gonna jailbreak and install ultrasn0w and then put my sim...hopefully this will work....
    2010-08-15 07:34 PM
    ok so I restored again, with the Univ. Sim, I set up as new phone and then took out that SIM. Now I havent installed my normal SIM yet cuz when I do it, it locks the phone. So first Im gonna jailbreak and install ultrasn0w and then put my sim...hopefully this will work....
    your iPhone is acting strange, because it shouldnt lock itself when you put a sim in it..
    2010-08-15 07:40 PM
    no luck...this is how it looks like
    2010-08-15 07:47 PM
    I dunno why its doing that.. but I think your activation sim isn't working like it should
    2010-08-15 07:55 PM
    OK...I googled it and found that some people are having this issue after jailbreaking...there was a solution...I downloaded iphone explorer, deleted a folder named lockdown and replace the files. Now I get passed the lock screen but get an error in itunes so itunes doesnt recognize the iphone...crap!

finally...I didnt fix the itunes problem, I simply plugged the phone on a diff computer and it works...syncing now...thanks for everything!
    Last edited by lcass; 2010-08-15 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-08-15 08:48 PM
    Well I'm glad you got it working
    2010-08-15 09:24 PM
    if you have your SHSH blobs saved, then yes you can upgrade, and the only things you will lose is contacts, bookmarks, texts, photos (if you dont save them before upgrading) and emails, I dont know about notes sorry, and you will still keep all your music and apps, because there bond to your account, not your device
    Hi,
    I am new & have the same task (ie. iphone 3GS 3.1.2 , just now jailbroken with blackra1n & unlocked with blacksn0w.) I have used the Umbrella program to save shsh & umbrella tells me:
    08/15/2010 21:09:15.617 iPhone3GS 4.0.1 (8A306)-1856601585013
    08/15/2010 21:09:15.632 Devices with ECIDs matching the above AND restoring to the exact firmware version listed above will succeed!
    I just wanted someone to confirm that, just like girol, I will be able to upgrade to 4.0.1. You advise that girol will lose info (if not backed up), but I have synced my phone & it has said that it backed up.
    I know this sounds obvious, but I just want to make sure that I am understanding correctly, when the OS updates to 4.0.1, will it automatically update my saved info in contacts etc?
    Thank you.
    2010-08-15 10:16 PM
49 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD