So I have a 3G running 3.1.2 firmware. I currentlt got a new computer since my old one crapped out. My question is after I download iTunes onto my new computer can I restore my iphone without it deleting all my contacts? I dont care if it deletes my music and pics (even though it would be nice if it didnt), my main concern is my contacts. My phone is jailbroken and I had done a cydia update which makes my cydia always close when trying to open it. I know the only way to fix it is to restore and rejailbreak since I dont have mobile terminal but my question is like I said if I download itunes on this new computer and restore my phone will it create a backup file and save all my contacts or do I have to sync it first? Or is there no way to restore it on a new computer without lossing everything? Please help. Thanks.
    2010-08-13 08:23 PM
    one of probably many ways to save your contacts is to setup outlook on your current computer and sync your contacts to that. Export the pst for your contacts to your new computer and import to outlook. from there you can sync your contacts over from outlook to your new iphone. You can transfer your purchases from itunes to your new computer as well. Plug in and one of the menu options in itunes has the option to transfer purchases. You can also transfer your music but a little google search will get you pointed in the right direction there. There may be an easier way to do it but I work with Outlook all the times and pst's are super easy to work with.
    2010-08-13 09:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD