yeah i have tried to put my phone to recovery mode and its not working.

Press and hold the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button at the same time. After exactly 10 seconds release the Sleep/Wake button. Continue holding the home button until you iTunes pops up a message telling you that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.

that did not work, as i hold and hold for a long time.

sorry if im being a pain in the butt.
    Unplug your phone from iTunes, then plug it back in and hold both buttons for 10 sec, then let go of of the power button an hold the home button for a few more seconds then let it go and it should go into recovery mode.

I rejailbroke my phone again, so everything worked in the in this thread!
    Last edited by Darkhrse99; 2010-08-18 at 01:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-08-18 01:23 AM
    oo

I accidentally upgraded to 4.0.2 can i still downgrade? everytime I hit restore I get an error code! 3194... Please help! I miss my jailbreak!!!!
    Thank you!!
    Last edited by Nik241; 2010-08-18 at 02:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-08-18 02:33 AM
    oo

I accidentally upgraded to 4.0.2 can i still downgrade? everytime I hit restore I get an error code! 3194... Please help! I miss my jailbreak!!!!
    Thank you!!
    A person on the very first page of this thread was getting the same error when trying to downgrade. The steps to try to avoid that error are still the same.
    2010-08-18 02:55 AM
    I don't know how to check hosts.. but I am doing everything else it is not working..
    2010-08-18 03:34 AM
    HI
    i keep downloading the 4.0.1 to be able to downgrade my i phone 3GS from 4.0.2, but when i presing the << shift+update>> it dos not show the . file format. like that scuere box. it shows like folder , and i am not able to du it . can someone tell me what file extensions i need to be able to oben that file ? THANK YOU
    2010-08-18 03:36 AM
    A person on the very first page of this thread was getting the same error when trying to downgrade. The steps to try to avoid that error are still the same.
    Thank you thank you thank you!!!!! woohoo got it back!!! thanks a million!!!!
    2010-08-18 04:29 AM
    no slowness just as it was when i bought it. but i did my downgrade a little dif when i 1st tried the downgrade i held down both buttons which put the fone into dfu but at that point i hadnt changed the file extension to .ipsw so when i held down shift and restore the file was empty so i let i tunes restore the phone to 4.0.2 again. then after help from these guys i renamed the downloaded file from .zip to .ipsw but i just connected my phone normally then i held shift hit restore opend the file i downloaded and awy it went ant touch wood its been fine since
    2010-08-18 09:31 AM
    The error code is fine, I got it also, you need to use irecovery after u receive error code because I asume you're going to be stuck in recovery? Cd with cable? So iRecover will bump you out but u need to follow it step by step and know how to cd into the iRecovery folder via Windows CMD or Apples CMD in order to type in the commands needed to be bumped out of recovery, then do a manulay force reboot by holding both buttons down till the apple logo is present. Serach the forums for iRecovery process. I'll also copy a save step by step saved file. This is the actuall step by step for iRecovery, read carefully and pay attention to the special note as follows I will also add a link to step by step instructions how to cd in and out of folders via cmd. : *** Note for Windows users : BEFORE INSTALLING libusb-win32-filter-bin-0.1.12.2, right click the file and set it to run under compatibility mode for Windows xp sp2. Thanks to gangsta415 and pappajohn for pointing that out, as i'm not a windows person.

Hi to all of the people that are suffering from the No Service issue after downgrading your 3GS (new or old Bootrom) 3.1.3 to 3.1.2 . After suffering a couple of hour's with the No Service issue, i finally got everything back in place(Back to 3.1.2, jailbroken and iPhone activated via itunes) after accidentally upgrading to 3.1.3 .

Please follow carefully, as most of what should be done had already been mentioned in previous posts/forums :

P.S you should have made a backup on Saurik's server via Cydia, otherwise, i'm sorry to tell you that you can not proceed with the downgrade to 3.1.2

1. First of all download/save to your computer firmware 3.1.2 for your iphone, can be downloaded from here Download the new iPhone 3.1.2 Firmware | Redmond Pie .

2. Edit your computer Host to fake iTunes and make it believe it's communicating with Apple, but instead make it communicate with Saurik's server. Follow this link to show you have to edit your host file for mac How to edit the hosts file in Mac OS X Leopard Decoding the Web .

3. Add 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com to the end of the file and save the file and while the Terminal is open and you've already exited the host file, type dscacheutil -flushcache and hit enter.

4. Now put your iPhone in DFU mode, i would like to emphasis that you should put it in DFU mode not Recovery mode. Follow this like to know how to get it in DFU mode What is Difference Between Recovery Mode and DFU Mode | iPhone 3G S .

5. For Mac press on the Option key on your keyboard and then click restore on iTunes. Specify where you've saved the downloaded 3.1.2 firmware in step 1 .

6. While restoring, an error 1015 will occur, don't panic!! let the iphone reboot and the Connect to iTunes screen appear.

7. When stuck on the Connect to iTunes screen, download iRecovery from here iHackintosh iRecovery Package for Windows & Mac.rar .

*8.1 To start iRecovery on mac, simply open the command line applicaiton(Terminal), and then DRAG the iRecovery file from the location you've extracted it and DROP it inside the Terminal window and add to the end of the command line that is automatically written '-s' so it should be 'irecovery -s'.

**8.2 To start iRecovery on windows, first extract the iRecovery to the root directory "c: \" of your hard disk, then run the exe file 'libusb-win32-filter-bin-0.1.12.2.exe' already contained in the archive downloaded in step 7, then open windows command line application 'cmd' and type 'irecovery -s' while you are at c: \

*** Note for Windows users : BEFORE INSTALLING libusb-win32-filter-bin-0.1.12.2, right click the file and set it to run under compatibility mode for Windows xp sp2. Thanks to gangsta415 and pappajohn for pointing that out, as i'm not a windows person

9. When you are left with command line empty, type in the following :
    setenv auto-boot true "hit enter"
    saveenv "hit enter"
    /exit "hit enter"

10. Reboot your iPhone by pressing and holding the sleep/power button and the home button until the iPhone display turn off.

11. Have a SIM card inserted in your iPhone.

12. While the iPhone is still connected to your computer and iTunes running, Start your iPhone normally by pressing on the Sleep/Power button.

12. Wait until the iPhone get ACTIVATED by iTunes and then you can jailbreak it by any method you'd like (I prefer BlackraIn).

NOTE: MUST CD (C) INTO FOLDER WHERE I-RECOVERY IS LOCATED IN ORDER TO TYPE COMMANDS AND FOR RECOVERY TO WORK CORRECTLY.

CD in and out of folders via cmd.....

How To Navigate Through Folders When Using Windows Command Prompt
    2010-08-18 07:59 PM
    u need to hols the home and power button till screen goes blank. then let go immediatly...then press and hold just the home button (circle button on bottom)and plug phone into computer and continue to hold button until recovery screen comes up...bam ur in recovery mode...
    2010-08-19 03:04 AM
    hellpppp
    i keep downloading 4.0.1 to downgrade my i phone 3GS from 4.0.2 but i can't see that file, when i do that << shift update>> like that squere thing it's like a folder . even when i unzip it..
    can someone hellp me whit it ?
    2010-08-19 07:45 AM
    Change the extention on the file you downloaded from zip to ipsw. Or redownload it with firefox.
    2010-08-19 02:11 PM
    i updated my phone 4 to 4.0.2 and put it in recovery mode, i do the shift+restore and when i go to the firmware folder its all blank,, can some one help me on the steps to get this folder to work so i can downgrade thankyou
    2010-08-20 12:15 AM
    i updated my phone 4 to 4.0.2 and put it in recovery mode, i do the shift+restore and when i go to the firmware folder its all blank,, can some one help me on the steps to get this folder to work so i can downgrade thankyou
    See that post directly above yours. The firmware should NOT be in zip format, it should be ipsw.
    2010-08-20 12:25 AM
    how do i do that ? can you please hellp me ? with it
    2010-08-20 04:51 AM
    how do i do that ? can you please hellp me ? with it
    It's too late. Apple stopped signing 4.0.1 a little while ago. So unless you have shsh's saved for 4.0.1 you will not be able to install that firmware.
    2010-08-20 04:56 AM
    woohoo it worked. now on itunes it askes if i want to retsore from back up or set up new what is best?
    What part worked?

It appears that irecovery does not work on Windows 7 64 bit machines......

Guess I will wait for the next miracle........
    2010-08-20 06:31 AM
    Which method worked for u restoring/downgrading ur iPhone 4 from 4.0.2 to 4.0.1
    2010-08-20 06:51 AM
    It's too late. Apple stopped signing 4.0.1 a little while ago. So unless you have shsh's saved for 4.0.1 you will not be able to install that firmware.
    I am in this same boat with the 4.0.2; BUT I have my shsh saved on my pc using tiny umbrella? Is there anyway I can downgrade using that?
    2010-08-20 07:48 AM
    I have mistakenly upgrade my 3gs iphone 4.0.2 and I loose the jailbreak, can i downgrade back to 4.0.1 firmware
    2010-08-20 08:48 AM
    How do you find clarified and find the firmwares at on itunes. Having suck a big problem with downgrade my iPhone 4
    2010-08-29 11:53 PM
117 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD