Has anyone encountered this error? Iphone 3GS with 4.0.1, trying to jailbreak with jailbreakme.com.

The file seems to download completely, but at the next step safari immediately quits. I can usually catch a glimpse of "Sit Tight" right before I'm back at the home screen. What's going on?

Maybe a restore would work? Firmware umbrella says the phone's SHSHs were stored for 4.0. How does one go about downgrading and pointing the verification process to the correct server?
    2010-08-17 05:57 AM
    http://modmyi.com/forums/general/724...t-working.html

Jailbreakme is having issues today.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]
    2010-08-17 06:02 AM
    I've been keeping tabs on that thread, though no one else has mentioned the same issue as me- everyone seems to be having trouble with the initial download only.

Do you think that's really the cause? I'd love it if I didn't have to go through the hassle of downgrading to restore.
    Last edited by klonaton; 2010-08-17 at 06:10 AM.
    2010-08-17 06:03 AM
    Have you looked at today's posts in http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-news...me-com-29.html ?
    2010-08-17 06:13 AM
    I hadn't, but it seems everyone is having issues downloading the file itself...? The Oops error seems to be the most common one. I'm suspicious that my error is on the device-end as the download appears to proceed without flaw, though I have no way of knowing for sure. My interpretation of my error is that the file downloads completely but for some reason the jailbreak is being interrupted, thus crashing safari.

Who knows! Maybe I'll just wait to see what musclenerd says tomorrow.
    2010-08-17 06:18 AM
    I don't see anyhting in that thread. But I would at least wait and see if this gets going before restoring unless you feel the need to restore.
    2010-08-17 06:18 AM
    This is what comex just said.

Jailbreakme was broken today because I fail at sysadminning. Should be up now or when caches expire.
    2010-08-17 06:19 AM
    for the jailbreak me if it dont work try JailbreakMe or tinyurl.com/36dsyz make sure safari search engine is set to google andkeep pressing refresh it'll work first u get a stupin warning page . 1:00 pm aug,17,2010 16g 3gs 4.0.1 mc boot room

p.s. if it dont work on 3g don't work cut off cell data in networks and use wifi

hope this helps you've been bigmiked
    2010-08-17 08:02 AM
    I actually do have the same problem,right when you see a glimpse of "sit tight"safari crashes time after time.I did open a thread but no one seemed to have a clue they all pointed to restore(solution of everyone for all the problems).
    2010-08-17 06:22 PM
    Clear the cache, delete cookies, make sure java is enabled, reboot, go back to jailbreakme.
    2010-08-19 04:19 PM
    All is well now, it appears my troubles were due to the problems on the dev end of it. Once jailbreakme.com was back up, it worked perfectly.
    2010-08-19 04:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD