i just bought my iPhone off ebay and it was jailbroken and unlocked but i saw it would not appear on itunes so i could sync my music and it would not show up so i decided to go in my iphone's general settings and click the reset everything option and it took about 5 min and when it was done it showed the apple then the circle thing and the apple and it would get stuck now its just turning on and showing steve jobs (cartoon) speaking russian and when i do get it to show up on itunes by entering DFU mode and click restore or restore it to a downloaded firmware i get an error 1601 i think it is or something like that and my iphone is not affected by any changes please help. I have searched these forums with the same problem and none have worked, I want my phone to work again and to be Unlocked i dont know what version it was when i got it maybe 3.1.2 i dont know and its an iphone 2g

heres a pic i found on this forum of my problem
    Last edited by Info.; 2010-08-17 at 10:14 PM.
    2010-08-17 10:10 PM
    you just have to restore to a non-custom firmware. just click restore and let it do it's thing unless you have you shsh blobs saved.
    2010-08-17 11:15 PM
    If its a 2G, follow this:

Sorry wrong link, let me find the right one.

This one:

iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock/Jailbreak Your iPhone 2G on OS 3.1.3 Using RedSn0w (Windows)
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2010-08-17 at 11:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-08-17 11:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD