So I jailbroke and everything worked fine but yesterday when I was trying to text someone I pull up their contact name and info and there is no number associated with the name? So I decided to check other numbers in my list and found out that I had anywhere from 2-4 duplicates of the same contacts. To make matters worse some of those contacts had about 2-3 different phone numbers in the contact itself. So when I was texting a friend, since I chose her contact, it actually texted my ex-girl instead since a different number was saved under the contact. So now I have a list of contacts who I dont know for sure which name is associated with which number?? Im jailbroken on Iphone 4 (fw 4.0.1) and the only apps that I installed were cydia, rock, mywi, my3g, tlert, and anyring. I also have MobileMe and thought that would be the problem but when I checked the account and my ipad it didnt show as many duplicates as on my iphone. Also I have never synced my contacts to outlook or any other program. I just rely on the backups that I have.

So is there anyway I can sync just contacts from a backup in itunes? That way I dont have to re-jailbreak?? Or is there a way to just get my contacts back?? Thanks for anyones input in advance.
    2010-08-20 02:01 PM
    Mmm if you don't have any backups in outlook or google, yahoo, etc. Then I'm not sure. But I would back them up straight away. And see if you can clean them up on the pc. Because certain programs can clean, sort and organize them for you and merge and get rid of duplicates. It's good to have them back up through you email aswell
    2010-08-20 02:12 PM
    It might be your iTunes sync problem. I have encountered this before and i went to outlook to delete the duplicates and all turns out fine after a final sync. Hope i have been of help.
    2010-08-20 02:45 PM
    It might be your iTunes sync problem. I have encountered this before and i went to outlook to delete the duplicates and all turns out fine after a final sync. Hope i have been of help.
    The only thing is that I dont have outlook or have synced them to outlook. Or does Itunes do it no matter what even though I dont have it checked? There has to be a way to get just my contacts? Maybe by SSH or another program without having to restore the phone? There has to be someone who has encountered this problem? Where all the iphone gurus at? I need your help because I have over 700 contacts in my phone and I would have to kill myself if I have to do them manually
    2010-08-20 05:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD