Hi all!

iPhone: 3GS on 4.01

I jailbroke my gf's iPhone with jailbreakme. I installed Cydia and added a famous repo beginning with "h". I also installed a famous app beggining with "i". (Sorry, I'm not sure I am allowed to talk about that here).

Phone was working fine. Girlfriend was happy to "try out" a lot of apps. But her phone started acting weird today. Calls are dropping for no reason. When I talk to her on the phone, we stay connected but we can't hear each other. That beahviour happens every 3 or 4 minutes and the only solution is to hang up and call again.

Now here's the troubleshooting I did.

1- Hard reset
    2- Made her uninstall dTunes and all files form the package (mobileterminal, etc.). She installed it by herself a couple of hours before the problem started.

Question 1: Any other ideas we should try?

Question 2: She may have installed other "tryout" apps in the meantime. Should I make her delete those apps too in case she downloaded a corrupt app?

Question 3: If we can't find the problem, what would be the next step regarding backup? What will happen when she connects to iTunes? Can she revert to a previous "jailbroken" backup? Can she restore to 4.0.1?

Thanks for your help!

Popaul
    2010-08-25 03:33 AM
    There's not much you can do. You can't restore to a jailbreakable firmware anymore.

Try uninstalling all the...cracked apps, the thing you used to install them and any other apps she's installed.

Make sure that all apps you install are compatible with iOS 4 and not installing illegal apps. I would say otherwise but I know I'm going to be censored.

You cannot restore from a "jailbroken" backup, and that will almost always mess up your phone. You should always set up as a new device.
    2010-08-25 05:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD