Hello everyone . I have iphone 3GS 4.0.1 Jailbroken . Anyhow my iphone having some problems ,
    so i try to restore it but am having 3194 error . Am trying to restore same firmware 4.0.1 and
    9 dont want to update on 4.0.2 coz i want my iphone jailbreak And the strabge thng is i
    did this process before like 2 weeks ago and everything wokred fine .Right now am using
    same firmware and same itunes that i used earlier to restore my iphone . I mean am trying to restore with same firmware the one
    i have and used before . But now its not going through .
    So if anyone can help me . It will be really really appriciate . My phone is really missed up so please help my guys .

Thanks
    2010-08-25 09:57 AM
    Without having the 4.0.1 SHSH file on store you will only be able to restore to 4.0.2

Get tiny umbrella downloaded and check what SHSH files you have.
    2010-08-25 01:18 PM
    Hello everyone . I have iphone 3GS 4.0.1 Jailbroken . Anyhow my iphone having some problems ,
    so i try to restore it but am having 3194 error . Am trying to restore same firmware 4.0.1 and
    9 dont want to update on 4.0.2 coz i want my iphone jailbreak And the strabge thng is i
    did this process before like 2 weeks ago and everything wokred fine .Right now am using
    same firmware and same itunes that i used earlier to restore my iphone . I mean am trying to restore with same firmware the one
    i have and used before . But now its not going through .
    So if anyone can help me . It will be really really appriciate . My phone is really missed up so please help my guys .

Thanks
    Apple stopped signing the 4.0.1 firmware, that's why you can't restore to it.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.
    2010-08-26 12:20 AM
    Apple stopped signing the 4.0.1 firmware, that's why you can't restore to it.
    So How I Could Do This ?????? Please Help Me Buddy If You Can .
    2010-08-26 12:39 AM
    So How I Could Do This ?????? Please Help Me Buddy If You Can .
    Did you hid the "make my life easier" button in cydia?
    Last edited by neodude237; 2010-08-26 at 01:05 AM.
    If I somehow helped you, press thanks
    2010-08-26 01:03 AM
    Did you hid the "make my life easier" button in cydia?
    Where is that icon i cant see ????/
    2010-08-26 01:07 AM
    Do you still have Cydia? If you had ever pressed the button, it'll show what shsh files you have on hand. Assuming you've still got Cydia, open it up, look at the top of the screen and it'll say something like: This device has SHSHs on file for iPhone OS/iOS: and then list whatever versions it has them for.
    2010-08-26 01:10 AM
    Here Is My Cydia Screen Shot .

2010-08-26 01:13 AM
    Beautiful, use this guide:
    Restore iPhone 3GS to 3.1.2 Using SHSHs on File with Cydia | Windows
    Just use 4.0.1 instead of 3.1.2
    2010-08-26 01:15 AM
    Allright am trying this right now . Thnku So much budd .
    And will let you know whats the result .

sorry buddy still same error man ....now what can we do ?
    Last edited by Stylinjatt; 2010-08-26 at 02:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-08-26 02:47 AM
    AT this point, you've got to re-trace your steps, it has to be user error now. If you have the shsh files, then the guide is pretty much flawless. Make sure you're editing the host file right?
    2010-08-26 02:53 AM
    AT this point, you've got to re-trace your steps, it has to be user error now. If you have the shsh files, then the guide is pretty much flawless. Make sure you're editing the host file right?
    Alright i did worked bro . Thanks for your help . Now having another problem . After restored i tried to jailbreak my phone from JAILBREAKME . But there is nothing . Is somethng wrong or what . There one error message showing on that page .
    2010-08-26 09:02 AM
    Alright i did worked bro . Thanks for your help . Now having another problem . After restored i tried to jailbreak my phone from JAILBREAKME . But there is nothing . Is somethng wrong or what . There one error message showing on that page .
    I think it's something with their DNS server. Not sure what it means, but use jailbreak.com instead of typing www. in front of it.
    2010-08-26 02:20 PM
    I think it's something with their DNS server. Not sure what it means, but use jailbreak.com instead of typing www. in front of it.
    jailbreakme.com he means.

Anyways, DNS is, in layman's term's a server used to convert an address such as 'google.com' into it's respective IP. A browser read's from IP's not names, so without the IP it won't display. In essence if the server is down google.com (or in this case jailbreakme.com) means nothing to the browser and as such it doesn't know what to display. DNS is always good if the website runs off multiple machines because you can use DNS to ensure it points you to one of the machine's hence splitting the load. This is as layman's as I can put it, there is a lot more to it really.
    2010-08-26 04:36 PM
    Oh damn it works ...But right after that its stopped again ...LOLZ how lucky i am .
    2010-08-26 08:45 PM
    jailbreakme.com he means.

Anyways, DNS is, in layman's term's a server used to convert an address such as 'google.com' into it's respective IP. A browser read's from IP's not names, so without the IP it won't display. In essence if the server is down google.com (or in this case jailbreakme.com) means nothing to the browser and as such it doesn't know what to display. DNS is always good if the website runs off multiple machines because you can use DNS to ensure it points you to one of the machine's hence splitting the load. This is as layman's as I can put it, there is a lot more to it really.
    Right, JailbreakMe I meant.
    2010-08-27 12:13 AM
    Hey buddy Got another question is this possible with do iphone 4 With 4.0.1 ??? Please if you know anythng help me it will really appriciate . And i did tried but was getting error while restoring . I mean once its showing verfying restore with apple then right after that it just gave me error
    2010-09-07 03:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD