I just bought an iphone 4 with 4.0 firmware. I went to jailbreakme.com and got it jailbroken. I also backed up my SHSH using 'make my life easier" slider. But it did not say "cydia has your shsh file" it said "Your device has TSS request pending". After that I installed the unlock but after installing it told m to reboot. After I clicked on the reboot button, iphone no longer starts up. It stays stuck on the apple logo.

I looked in various places and all say to restore the firmware but restoring to 4.0/ 4.0.1 is not working because apple stopped signing them. I read the downgrading tutorials and added this line to my HOSTS:

74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com

but iTunes still give the same error. Is there any hope for the iPhone?.. ( I tried tinyumbrella option kick device out of recovery and the iphone just stays at the apple logo as usual if I use that option).
    2010-08-26 03:00 AM
    you can use tinyumbrella to see if you shsh is saved on the cydia server.

open tinyumbrella,
    put a check mark in advanced options,
    enter you ECID number(let me know if your not sure how to get it)
    Device/Version scroll down you you phone and OS version
    Request from should be on cydia

if you look at the log on the bottom it will tell you if the shsh is saved.

if its not saved, only thing you can do is put the phone into a DFU mode and restore to the legit 4.0.2 OS.
    2010-08-26 04:31 AM
    Try restoring from DFU mode? Plug in your phone, open iTunes, then hold Sleep and Home for 10 seconds. After 10 seconds release Sleep and hold Home until iTunes says it detects an iPhone in recovery mode. The iPhone screen should be black. Sometimes this helps.
    2010-08-26 04:31 AM
    you can use tinyumbrella to see if you shsh is saved on the cydia server.

open tinyumbrella,
    put a check mark in advanced options,
    Request from should be on cydia

if you look at the log on the bottom it will tell you if the shsh is saved.

if its not saved, only thing you can do is put the phone into a DFU mode and restore to the legit 4.0.2 OS.

I tried doing that. When I put my ecid ( 000003ba160623f7) and click SAVE SHSH; it says connect iphone 4. It doesnt recognize iphone in DFU mode, it only recognize it in Recovery mode as a recovery device. Even when detected as a rcovery device; it says the same thing (you must connect iphone 4 to obtain shsh).
    2010-08-26 06:03 AM
    Youre too late to save any SHSHs aside from 4.0.2.

You have no SHSHs to downgrade or restore to. 4.0.2 is your only option.

Edit: this means you cant jailbreak at this time.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2010-08-26 at 06:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-08-26 06:18 AM
    Even though the phone isnt booting, its jailbroken right now ( I installed cydia before restart).. Is there any quickpwn type program for iphone 4 to make custom firmware and restore?
    2010-08-26 06:20 AM
    you dont click save SHSH. you said you already had it saved on cydia.

its saying connect the iphone 4 because your trying to save the SHSH, but you dont want to do that.

"put a check mark in advanced options,
    Request from should be on cydia"

Then click Display SHSHs
    then look at the log

kingroach, there is no easy way, you can only restore it to the newest firmware 4.0.2, because apple signs it. Unless you have the SHSH saved you can restore to earlier firmwares
    Last edited by burnout399; 2010-08-26 at 06:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-08-26 06:27 AM
    Unless clicking "make my life easier" was done last week, no SHSHs could be saved below 4.0.2. If an error occurs during restore, the SHSHs are not saved.

iP4 cannot use custom firmwares.

Edit: actually, more than a week ago before the 19th. 4.0.1 SHSHs cannot be saved after that time,
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2010-08-26 at 06:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-08-26 06:29 AM
    I guess I am out of luck then.. This is from tinyumbrella website:

If you had a 'Pending TSS Request' and DID NOT use TinyUmbrella to save your SHSH then I'm afraid you may not have your SHSH's saved on Cydia
    I wish there were some way just to get the iphone out of recovery mode / boot loop so that I can backup the shsh using tinyumbrella.
    2010-08-26 07:04 AM
    If Recboot wont kick you out of it, then youll have to restore to 4.0.2. Otherwise youll have a useless phone.
    2010-08-26 07:14 AM
    the only thing you really can do, is install the legit OS, and wait for a new jailbreak for 4.0.2. Im sure someone is working on it

at least you will have a working phone until then.
    2010-08-26 07:16 AM
    Okay oddly enough I was in a similar predicament earlier tonight. I originally had 3.1.2 jailbroken 3gs. According to cydia they had my blobs for my shsh file. okay so I try updating to 4.0.1 it doesnt work only to find out apple isnt signing them anymore. okay so i say screw it I update to 4.0.2 and say i wont have a jb'd phone anymore. but im @ work and im bored so I am doing some more research and i stumble across the software tiny umbrella. this lets u save ur shsh files for any version so i clicked advanced brought up the 4.0.1 option for my 3gs saved the shsh file started the tss server opened itunes and restored to 4.0.1 and its currently just finishing up the restore. I've been at this for HOURS for 1 simple reason. ANGRY BIRDS i have 3 stars on all available levels and i backed up my game folder with iphone browser and hopefully after i get the 3gs jb'd using jailbreakme.com i can just copy over the folder and my game will be there. knowing my luck it won't be but we shall see. *Crosses fingers*
    2010-08-26 10:45 AM
    I'm having the same problem, but i have SHSH's saved on cydia, so i'm installing legit 4.0.2, but for some reason it's stuck at one part, it doesn't come up with an error, it's stuck in place at restoring iphone software. :l
    2010-09-01 10:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD