It seems it's true... sad but true that there will be no jailbreak for 4.0.2

Jailbreak 4.0.2 is a no go for sure now!

To me this was sad news but I must admit pretty smart on the dev teams part. (I think)

On the other hand it doesn't matter when they release a jailbreak I'm sure apple will also release a new version to patch the jailbreak release whenever they want either 4.0.2 or 4.1.

What's your thoughts?

Also this kind of sucks for anyone with a new iphone 4 right?

I miss Cydia so bad I'm almost willing to load up and charge my iphone 3G again lol. It's rocking with Cydia on 4.0.2
    2010-08-26 07:43 PM
    Not surprising at all, it was something I was expecting actually. I'm sure the baseband will be updated as well so it'll likely take the Devs a little longer once it is released.
    2010-08-26 08:18 PM
    Agreed, kind of a drag, but a necessary evil for those who have the iPhone4 with the 4.0.2 pre-installed. (I am one of those people).

I keep trying to see if I can trick the iPhone into doing what I want but Noooo.....LOL

Thought about trying this:

How To Jailbreak iOS 4.0.2 Using Redsn0w For iPhone 3G Users [Windows] - iPhone Hacks

But the thought of bricking my shiny new 4 was unbearable.
    If I have helped you...please say Thanks....

If I have not....don't say anything..just walk away very slowly
    2010-08-26 08:21 PM
    I have tried that and it stops when it should reboot and download the jailbreak.

lol I was willing I guess haha!
    2010-08-26 08:26 PM
    Too funny LOL....thats a good try though. At least we know it will not work.
    Did you have to restore?
    If I have helped you...please say Thanks....

If I have not....don't say anything..just walk away very slowly
    2010-08-26 10:15 PM
    No lol I didn't have to restore the phone was perfectly fine.

I only got the redsnow finished part no OS changes are actually made. Actually if I recall it just hangs on the redsnow finished part and you eventually hit cancel.

I hate this wait as much as you but I know for a fact the next jailbreak will not be until 4.1 and that's at minimum.
    Last edited by lol_release; 2010-08-26 at 11:16 PM. Reason: spelling what is knew lol (new)
    2010-08-26 11:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD