User Tag List

Hello,
    I am new here so please be patient.

My story:
    I bought iPhone 4 some time ago with iOS 4.0 on the board.
    The phone was arleady jailbroken and had ultrasn0w BUT "make my life easier" button wasn't pressed until Wednesday 25 September.

This is my first iPhone ever so I didn't know that after jailbreak I can't clear my all settings but I did. It was stupid, now I know.
    After that I couldn't strart device and all I saw was boot screen with Apple logo. I was trying to upload 4.0 software once again using recovery mode but it didn't work. My last chance was to insall 4.0.2 and then try to downgarde to 4.0 or 4.0.1 and after that try install cydia with hope that SHSH file was backed up.
    I installed 4.0.2 successufully but I couldn't downgrade manually to 4.0.1 or even 4.0. I had an popup error 3194 when trying to install older firmware. I' ve put also saurik's server sdress at the bottom of "hosts" file but no success.

Can anybody help me with that?

Thanks in advance
    2010-08-28 01:47 AM
    if you didn't hit the make my life easier button until the 25th then you will not be able to restore to anything but 4.0.2 (which you have already done) and there is no jailbreak available for that
    2010-08-28 02:39 AM
    OK. I thought I would be lucky. Thanks again.
    2010-08-28 02:51 AM
    there will hopefully be a jailbreak release with 4.1 (September sometime) so you shouldn't have to wait too long
    2010-08-28 05:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD