curious question as i just got my iDEVICES jailbroken.

before upgrading to 4.1, the correct approach would be to wait for a confirmed jailbreak, right? and this will apply with all future firmware upgrades, right? barring technical difficulties and what not?

also, should i upgrade to 4.1 and not wait for a confirmed jailbreak and do not like things, this is where the saved SHSH blobs come in, right? so i can restore back to 4.0.1 and jailbreak again?

now, assuming i upgrade to 4.1 either with jailbreak or not, will i lose whatever settings, installed apps that i may have had on my iDevice?

again, just curious....
    2010-09-02 01:35 AM
    Not yet to the public but to Developers only, there is no jailbreak and unlock at the moment.
    2010-09-02 05:43 AM
    1) Have your SHSH blobs saved for all your firmwares, just in case
    2) 4.1 isn't coming out 'till the 7th, hopefully there is a jailbreak ready already found in the betas, but the dev team won't say until it's released
    2) You can back up your Cydia/rock apps in the rock app inself and iunstall them after the new jailbreak.
    3) You could restore form a backup (which restores cydia app settings as well) but its not recommended
    2010-09-02 07:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD