I currently have an iphone 4, unlocked, jailbroken with cydia, ********** etc on software 4.0.1. However, ive been having serious wifi issues since i first got the phone (poor range, wont connect etc), and im taking it back to the apple store tomorrow to get a replacement.

Before I go im going to backup everything to itunes (including jailbroken apps etc) and then restore to remove the jailbreak so i can get my replacement phone.

Now, I will want to restore everything that i have backed up onto the new iphone.

1. Will I need to jailbreak the new one? or just restore everything back as normal?

2. If the new iphone comes preloaded with 4.0.2, il have to downgrade to 4.0.1 right? And then jailbreak? Then restore previous backup

I would be very grateful if you could help me clear these few things up/givge some advice.

Thanks in advance.
    2010-09-03 12:01 PM
    It will come with 4.02 and u can't jailbreak it or downgrade. You'll have to wait for the next jailbreak release
    2010-09-03 12:08 PM
    ive read that you can easily downgrade to 4.0.1. Using the shsh through cydia server, changing the hosts file something like that
    2010-09-03 12:12 PM
    The shsh blobs are device specific.
    2010-09-03 01:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD