Okay, so this has happened before, and I did the whole:
    Hold down power and home buttons until phone shuts off... hold down home and plug into the computer, and wait for itunes to recognize. This doesn't work this time! I was resetting all of my information on the phone (deleting everything) and it got stuck on the apple and the loading wheel is just stuck.

When I try to do the steps above, itunes recognizes, but then the phone resets again and it goes back to the same ole stuck screen.

Can someone please help?
    2010-09-03 09:59 PM
    So you are trying to restore it right? First plug in the iphone to the computer. Now you can either put it in dfu mode or restore mode to restore it. For restore mode hold the home and power buttons until phone restarts then release power button while still holding home button until you see the itunes cord. You can then restore. For dfu mode plug in phone, hold the home and power buttons for exactly 10 seconds then let go power button holding the home button for an additional 10 seconds until phone is recognized in itunes, for this mode the screen will remain black.
    2010-09-03 10:15 PM
    Thanks so much... I always get confused between DFU and restore modes. It's working I think...
    2010-09-03 10:21 PM
    2010-09-03 10:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD