User Tag List

Hey everone! i hope someone here can help me out... im a newb to all of this and maybe its easier than i think. so here is my story-

I bought this iphone used it was already unlocked and jailbroken but it was running really slow and freezing up. I tried to reset it back to its original condition through the iphone and the apple logo just stayed on without resetting. then i tried to restore it through itunes and that worked. Now where do i go from here i havent restored it yet to the 3.1.3 because ive heard you can't jailbreak/unlock that version. can anyone tell me what version i need to download and how to do it ive looked all over the site but cant seem to find a clear answer. any help is appreciated, if you need anymore info ask away!! thanks in advance
    2010-09-05 12:51 AM
    if you have your SHSH saved what was the last os it was up to.
    3.1.3 is ok its the 4.0.2 you need to watch out for 4.0.1 is ok for jailbreak... your running a 3G so you can jailbreak anyway using redsn0w.
    what software are you on if you saved shsh then download ipsw 4.0.1 edit hosts file. install the 4.0.1 on the phone or latest version. then you can jailbreak with jailbreakme.com when you installed 4 you can disable everything to make it run quicker. if not install 3.1.3 and use jailbreakme.com or sprint or even redsn0w but you will have to download the 3.1.3 file which software do you want to do it IF SHSH is saved
    2010-09-05 01:04 AM
    I honestly dont know what system was on it i had it for like half a day lol then i effed it up...so what operating system should i choose and where should i go...im sorry im a complete rookie with all this i dont even know what shsh is so im really gonna need some help! i would greatly appreciate it
    2010-09-05 02:19 AM
    Update to 4.0.2 (latest version) and jailbreak with redsn0w 0.9.5. If it is too slow (which is being fixed with 4.1 on the 7th) download zToggle and disable multitasking, wallpaper or both. Make sure you set the device up as new when you restore as well.
    2010-09-05 03:14 AM
    ok thanks, if all else fails i can always just restore it again right?
    2010-09-05 03:16 AM
    On a 3G, I'm pretty sure you can always restore before 4.0
    2010-09-05 03:54 AM
    On a 3G you can restore to 3.1.3 all youd like too. Itll probably run better than iOS 4 on that phone.

JB with Redsn0w 0.9.4 with the 3.1.2 ipsw if you decide to go that route. Also be sure to have Recboot or TinyUmbrella to kick it out of recovery as a downgrade causes an error that requires a kick
    2010-09-05 04:50 AM
    And wait for 4.1 that will be much much faster on the 3G.
    2010-09-05 07:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD