User Tag List

Hey,

I apologize if this has been posted anywhere else. I did some searching/reading and I am very confused. i have an iPhone 3gs with old bootrom that's jailbroken. Is it even possible to update it to either 4.0 or 4.0.1?
    When I try doing it on the new iTunes 10 with an ipsw 4.0 I keep getting an error telling me I cannot do it. Is there anyway I can update it without having to go to 4.0.2? And what is SHSH never heard of it?
    Any feedback is appreciated
    2010-09-06 09:13 PM
    2010-09-06 09:21 PM
    Right, check your Cydia or tinyumbrella for what SHSH blobs you have. Then either edit the hosts file, or start the TSS server and shift-restore to that firmware.

or

If I'm right, you should be able to use a custom firmware with sn0wbreeze, but I'm not completely sure. But, since you're already jailbroken I think it mays it even more likely that you can do that.
    2010-09-07 01:15 AM
    If I'm right, you should be able to use a custom firmware with sn0wbreeze, but I'm not completely sure. But, since you're already jailbroken I think it mays it even more likely that you can do that.
    that depends on what was used to jailbreak the phone, if spirit or jailbreakme was used then a custom firmware can not be used
    2010-09-07 10:59 AM
    I used spirit to jailbreak my 3gs with 3.1.3. Is there any other way I can go to 4.0?
    2010-09-08 12:54 AM
    You cannot use Custom firmware when you use spirit at 3.1.3 ,

I have a better idea. Since you used Spirit, to make it compatible to use custom firmware, add this source to Cydia : repo.****** , let it update and install Spirit2pwn.
    Reboots your iphone and you are now ready for Custom firmware restore.

Now, you can restore to Custom firmware cooked by Pwnage tools 4.0.1 or Snowbreeze 1.7 of iOS 4.0.
    Before you restore to custom firmware,
    Put your Iphone into recovery mode
    and then shift + Restore to cfw of iOS 4.0
    When you are done, you are already jailbroken at iOS 4.0 , you can then unlock with Ultrasn0w again.
    Real easy, enjoy..
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-09-08 at 09:17 PM.
    2010-09-08 01:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD