If I put my sim card into my brother iPhone4 which is running 4.0.1, can't i do the whole make my life easier stuff? because I clicked make my life easier when i was on 4.0.1 about 2 weeks ago but tiny umbrella is telling me that I don't have them for some reason. Im new to this so i'm not sure how to use it .... but i also got a replacement phone from apple 2 days ago so maybe they can't find it because it's a different phone? im confused

also if I plugged my brother's iphone 4 into my computer and saved his shsh files on mine would that work?
    2010-09-07 01:46 AM
    SHSH are device specific, you cannot use them from one device to another. It sounds like you just missed the window for saving SHSH for 4.0.1.
    2010-09-07 01:52 AM
    SHSH are device specific, you cannot use them from one device to another. It sounds like you just missed the window for saving SHSH for 4.0.1.
    damn yea i tried using your guide which helped--if only i would have saved it at the right time. so one more question then, should I upgrade to 4.1 when it comes out or no. and should i save my shsh from 4.0.2 now on my computer?
    2010-09-07 01:53 AM
    You should save your SHSH for 4.0.2 definitely. As far as 4.1 that depends on if you need to unlock or not. There should be a jailbreak for 4.1 (which should also work for 4.0.2) but there is no guarantee there will be an unlock for it as well.
    2010-09-07 02:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD