I have an iphone 3GS which a friend of mine Jailbroke for me late last year. Its still running 3.1.2. My friend Jailbroke using Blackra!n and told me that I had to run this application everytime I wanted to restart the phone.
    I see now that I no longer have to have a tethered jailbreak but Im not sure how to alter the phone.
    Can I just backup my entire phone in iTunes, all my jailbroken apps and settings, restore the phone. Jailbreak again and resync?
    Or can I simply run something like Jailbreak me or Spirit over the top of what I already have and simply untethered the phone that way?

Any help would be much appreciated as Im new to this and dont want to mess up the phone doing something stupid.

Cheers
    Fr. Ted Crilly
    2010-09-08 11:09 PM
    http://modmyi.com/forums/general/725...e-restore.html
    You can use my guide here to go to 4.0.1 and jailbreak.

You can't run the new jailbreaks over blackra1n you have to restore first.
    2010-09-08 11:27 PM
    http://modmyi.com/forums/general/725...e-restore.html
    You can use my guide here to go to 4.0.1 and jailbreak.

You can't run the new jailbreaks over blackra1n you have to restore first.
    Thanks for that I really appreciate it. If I just sync up my phone with itunes and back it up will I have all my jailbroken apps and settings there when I restore it. Im going to back everything up and then run this tomorrow. Just want to be sure that I wont have to rebuild the whole phone after I have run the new jailbreak?

Thanks for being patient with what might seen like stupid questions. I just want to be sure I dont mess it up by overlooking something.

Thanks again
    Ted
    2010-09-08 11:40 PM
    No iTunes will not backup jailbreak apps. It will backup your app store apps, settings, photos etc. You will have to reinstall anything that was installed with cydia.
    2010-09-08 11:52 PM
    If you have rock on your phone it has a function where it backs up all your jb info and can reload it once you reinstall rock.
    This post infers no rights and is provided as is.

Click here to follow me on twitter
    2010-09-09 12:12 AM
    Thanks for all the help guys. I do have Rock installed and Ive only just noticed that feature since you mentioned it.

Thanks again
    Ted
    2010-09-09 12:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD