Hi all. I had a pretty hard time last night by misreading these 2 numbers: 4.1 and 4.0.1.

It was 2am in the morning so I clicked on the damn ACEEPT button to allow iTunes restore my iPhone 4 to FW version 4.1, as I thought it was 4.01... I am still feeling myself like a complete idiot of doing this...

Well here is the problem. My iPhone 4 was shipped with FW version 4.0.1 and I have never upgraded to 4.0.2. I JBed it by using jailbreakme.com and had Cydia installed. Of course I clicked on the "make my life easier" button.

Thing is after a while on the Cydia screen it reads "This device has SHSHs on file for iPhone OS/iOS: 4.0.2". I thought it was a mistake as when I clicked on that button the FW was on 4.0.1 and everyone knows there is no way to JB an iPhone4 in 4.0.2. So I assumed that I had my SHSH backed up for the current FW which is 4.0.1, although it shows 4.0.2 on Cydia screen for some unknown reason.

Now I need to restore the brick to 4.0.1 and have my life back but Saurik's server won't allow me to do so. I could, restore to 4.0.2 though. So it means I had my SHSH backed up for 4.0.2!!!! Even with the FW version 4.0.1! It is like doing a thing in the future!

This is really annoying and I don't even have a clue of what is going on. Is there any chance that I had my 4.0.1 backed up somewhere I don't know? is there any way for me to resore to 4.0.1?

Well thank you for reading all these and please help!! Thank you all!
    Last edited by s0mean; 2010-09-10 at 03:42 PM. Reason: edit the title became more specific
    2010-09-10 02:22 PM
    what happens when you try to restore to the 4.1 firmware file using sauriks server ??

did you get tiny umbrella to downlod your shsh files for you and did you edit your hosts file and then reboot your computer
    2010-09-10 02:40 PM
    thanks for your reply DEL1873,

-> when i resore 4.1 by using Sauriks server, it throws error message 3 or 1004. Either way I cant use Sauriks server to restore

-> Yes I used tiny umbrella, but wiredly in my ~/.shsh folder i found the backed up .shsh file was 4.0.2 as well!! I did change my host of course i know all the basics.

My question is really isn't that totally wierd i backed up my SHSH under 4.0.1 but the back up is for 4.0.2????

Thanks again
    2010-09-10 03:32 PM
    It sounds like you're in the same boat as me. When you installed cydia, apple had already stopped signing 4.0.1. This means it would not allow backing up 4.0.1 blobs. It backs up the current firmware for the future automatically for you though which is why you see that 4.0.2 is backed up.

Fortunately I haven't updated to 4.1 yet. I really want to but know my jb will go away if I do so.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    2010-09-10 03:55 PM
    Well, MaStA819 I really hope you are not right.. but it seems to me that way..

Uhu!!

thanks anyway.
    2010-09-10 03:57 PM
    Well, MaStA819 I really hope you are not right.. but it seems to me that way..

Uhu!!

thanks anyway.
    Yeah, unfortunately just because you are on 4.0.1 when you click the make my life easier button in hopes that the SHSH for 4.0.1 will be backed up, doesn't necessarily mean it will in fact be backed up. It depends if Apple is still signing that firmware.
    2010-09-10 04:56 PM
    In fact, even if Apple was still signing when you pressed the "Make My Life Easier" button, you still had to wait until Cydia got around to your request. In such a case, if Cydia didn't get you queued up in time, you would still miss the window. There's a LOT of requests.

For future use, ALWAYS force a SHSH save for every version with TinyUmbrella. When you send a new SHSH request through Cydia for a firmware version being signed, it forces Cydia to save the SHSH while at the same time passing the SHSH on to you to save locally.

Bypass the line, and save your blobs everytime a new firmware comes out with TinyUmbrella.
    2010-09-10 05:25 PM
    That was a bit unfortunate as I have just got my iPhone 4 like less than 10 days. Which means on the time I opened the pack I wasn't able to go back to 4.0.1

This makes me hate apple
    2010-09-10 05:32 PM
    It is unfortunate, but now you at least have gained knowledge. Use that knowledge to defend yourself in the future, and start saving your blobs against future events. Start TODAY. In time, a new jailbreak will be out to give you the access to your iPhone that you want, and you'll have the knowledge to protect it.
    2010-09-10 05:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD