make sure you have your shsh blobs backed up in cydia

after this you will need to navigate to

Code:
    C: \Windows\System32\drivers\etc

make sure you have all files are on to see the host file open it.

you will need to add

Code:
    74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com

as shown

save the file and open itunes. put your iphone 3gs or ipod touch 3 into dfu mode "turn phone off hold power and home for 10 seconds and then let go of power button" itunes should show phone in recovery mode but screen should be black on phone or ipod.
    shift + restore in itunes and find the firmware you wish to downgrade to. during the restore you should get "error 1015" this is normal your phone should also show the connect to itunes logo. you are downgraded now but you will have to get out of recovery mode i will put a program at bottom of this post that will complete the downgrade and get you out of the itunes screen

first you will need to open up your terminal and enter this:

Code:
    sudo /Applications/TextEdit.app/Contents/MacOS/TextEdit /etc/hosts

after that enter your password.
    enter this as shown

Code:
    74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com

save that and open up terminal again enter this

Code:
    dscacheutil -flushcache

click enter and let it be . plug i your phone shut it off and put it into dfu mode "when phone is off hold home and power buttons for 10 seconds then let go of power button itunes should show iphone in recovery mode but screen should be black on iphone" after that in press option + restore pick out the firmware you wish to downgrade to. you phone will start to restore you will get "error 1015" this happens every time your phone will also show the connect to itunes logo i will put a program at end of post to get out of that and after that your done!

Download recboot for windows and mac: Download windows mac recboot.zip.
    2010-09-13 03:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD