I dont have a clue what i'm doing..please please help

i have a iphone 3gs, 32gb. it was jailbroken, with cydia/********** on it, and the firmware was 3.13. Anyways, i believe it used spirit to jailbreak it.

Somehow, my son updated the firmware to 4.1 on itunes. now, all the apps that i downloaded through ********** no longer work. all the apps i got from the itunes store still work. ********** and cydia are gone.

is this possible to fix? can anyone lead me in the right direction?

ok, i've just read there is no current way to jailbreak 4.1 as of yet, although soon...can anyone tell me how i can get my apps i got from ********** to work at least?
    Last edited by shynepo3; 2010-09-16 at 07:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-09-16 07:27 AM
    I dont have a clue what i'm doing..please please help

i have a iphone 3gs, 32gb. it was jailbroken, with cydia/********** on it, and the firmware was 3.13. Anyways, i believe it used spirit to jailbreak it.

Somehow, my son updated the firmware to 4.1 on itunes. now, all the apps that i downloaded through ********** no longer work. all the apps i got from the itunes store still work. ********** and cydia are gone.

is this possible to fix? can anyone lead me in the right direction?

ok, i've just read there is no current way to jailbreak 4.1 as of yet, although soon...can anyone tell me how i can get my apps i got from ********** to work at least?
    jst because you use "**********" doesnt mean that everyone doesnt know that you are talking about stuff like piracy.... in my opinion, you are screwed.... no one on MMi will help with piracy unless it is to restore it.... and some might not even do that.... read the forum rules
    2010-09-16 07:48 AM
    Yep, quit stealing and your problems will disappear.....
    iPhone 4 to Android directly back to iPhone 4. I learned my lesson and will never leave iOS again.
    2010-09-16 09:31 AM
    Ok first I'm gna say stop being such a cheapskate and BUY apps!!!!
    As for why you can't get them on your jbed device, appsync is what patches the "installd" file, allowing cracked apps to pass apples check, Which gets them on the device..
    Basically wait for a jb or buy some apps!

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!
    2010-09-16 10:50 AM
    And after that, start feeding your son knuckle sandwiches for touching your phone. He doesn't know what he's doing. At. All.
    iPhone 4 to Android directly back to iPhone 4. I learned my lesson and will never leave iOS again.
    2010-09-16 12:21 PM
    I'm extremely sorry...I should have read the rules.

But, can anyone just let me know if I"m out of luck? I'm ok to ask if it's possible to jailbreak a 4.1?

Or even downgrade back to 3.13, and then "re-jailbreak"?
    2010-09-16 03:05 PM
    Unless u have shsh files for 3.x, otherwise no downgrades for you!
    As for a jb, I wish...

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!
    2010-09-16 05:45 PM
    I'm extremely sorry...I should have read the rules.

But, can anyone just let me know if I"m out of luck? I'm ok to ask if it's possible to jailbreak a 4.1?

Or even downgrade back to 3.13, and then "re-jailbreak"?
    Promise me, no stealing and buy your apps and I will show you how to downgrade

You need shsh blogs to downgrade for 3GS and I think you have.
    If you are using Vista/Win7, run Notepad as Admin and open up hosts file located here : C windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts
    Add this line:
    74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com
    Save it and reboots your pc
    Put your Iphone into DFU mode
    Do the Shift + Restore to 4.0 or 4.0.1 ipsw
    If successful, put your official sim card to activate
    Then do the jailbreakme 2.0 from Safari on your Iphone.
    If you are not with Official carrier, then you cannot unlock.
    2010-09-16 08:24 PM
    Hey thanks alot...i definitely wont be stealing...

i have a question....if i never had 4.0 or 4.0.1, i'll still be able to restore to it? And when you say Official carrier, I live in Canada and with Rogers...that's ok?

thanks again..
    2010-09-16 09:19 PM
    Is it a Rogers iPhone or did it come from a another country? Official carrier means the one the iPhone came from.
    Yes u can restore to it. Go to cydia and at the top it will say SHSH: with all the versions you can restore to.
    2010-09-16 09:40 PM
    When you were at 3.1.3 and the first time you open up Cydia, a message pops up, asking you if you want to make your life easier, and if you say Yes, then all future shsh blogs will be saved by Cydia eventhough you have never restored to the later version.
    It depends if you iphone is from Rogers, I am with Rogers too. If your iphone is from Fido or Bell and you want it to be locked to Rogers, you can go to their outlet and they will be happy to lock it to Rogers for you.
    2010-09-16 09:41 PM
    Is that how it works in Canada? You just go to any carrier and they lock ur iPhone onto their service? (assuming it was previously locked to another service). I used to live in Canada a few years ago and I remember bell was CDMA and Rogers had just changed from CDMA to gsm. I also remember Rogers wanting to buy out fido. A lot has changed since then
    2010-09-16 09:48 PM
    Bell and Telus have upgraded to HSPDA to be able to use Sim Card now and they have CDMA too.
    Rogers have already bought Fido.
    So now Rogers, Fido , Bell and Telus are selling unlocked Iphone 4, if you don't want contract you pay full price but if you want contract for 3years, i know that sucks, they will sell to you at $199 for 16 gb factory unlocked...
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-09-16 at 09:59 PM.
    2010-09-16 09:55 PM
    Oh mines is definetly locked to Rogers...i work for rogers...lol, maybe i shouldn't have said that, i know lots of ppl hate rogers. But yeah I picked it up at the rogers employee store at our building.

I can't wait to try this at home...thanks everyone...i'll let you know how it goes.
    2010-09-16 11:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD