I decided after months of running on jailbroke 3.1.3 I would give 4.0 a go. Of course now 4.0 has past 4.0.1 and 4.0.2 and 4.1 around the corner. So naturally I couldn't use iTunes to restore to 4.0 then jailbreak. I am hoping I didn't make a mistake I used iTunes to update to 4.1 then I rolled back to a jailbroke 4.0 using redsn0w (9.5b5-5).

Everything went fine but now I have a few issues. 1) Cydia icon looks different like it isn't fully developed (may just be with the update but see pic for yourself). 2) I cannot turn the phone off, it just gets stuck in a loop trying to shut down then going back to the iphone start screen. I can do a hard reboot but it does nothing to help me. 3) In Cydia I have little to no options when I search for anything. 4) THE ERRORS WHEN RUNNING CYDIA (see pics).

I did try a re-jailbreak again with no help.

Thanks in advance

2010-09-19 07:53 AM
    Oh dear, I hope you don't need to unlock your phone too?

Try another restore to 4.0/4.0.1 (use tiny umbrella) and use jailbreakme.com to jailbreak and see if it's the same problem.
    2010-09-19 12:15 PM
    Oh dear, I hope you don't need to unlock your phone too?

Try another restore to 4.0/4.0.1 (use tiny umbrella) and use jailbreakme.com to jailbreak and see if it's the same problem.
    No, I do not need to unlock, good thing I guess .

I will give your method a try and report back.

Thanks!

EDIT:

OKAY....that didn't take me long to realize I should have never jailbroke my iPhone, and I should just be happy with something the way the manufacture wants it to be.

NOTHING about the instructions for TinyUmbrella matched up to my "commandPromt" I give up! SHSH, BaseBAnd, Start TSS Server...etc, etc. This is what I get for being in my mid 30's and not getting serious with computers until my early 30's!
    Last edited by tjlmbklr; 2010-09-19 at 06:05 PM.
    2010-09-19 05:28 PM
    Ah, thats not a good way to look at it my friend. Giving up should never be an option. Jailbreaking is a wonderful thing.
    2010-09-19 07:10 PM
    Ah, thats not a good way to look at it my friend. Giving up should never be an option. Jailbreaking is a wonderful thing.
    The funny thing is the WHOLE reason I bought an iPhone is I have a Python remote start on my car. The remote transmitter broke (second time) and I heard that they made an app that works with it. Lo and behold shortly after I had my shinny new iPhone I realize I had the wrong model of Python remote start. So I decided to just keep my shinny new iPhone and have fun with it by stepping outside the Steve Jobs box and making it fun with manipulations available like jailbreaking it. So my first jailbreak (not knowing anything about at the time) was done with Blackra1n. It was too simple. Now I am knee deep in wanting to have my iPhone jailbroke all the time. Except I am still an amateur so when things stop working (like they do all the time) or I get stupid errors (which I was all the time) I start over..

Well now I am here again trying to figure out how to roll back to 4.0 or Jailbreak 4.1.

So I am guessing my best bet is to just wait for Greenpois0n to release it's 4.1 jailbreak.

Then After 6 months of screwing up my iPhone I can start the whole process over again!
    2010-09-19 07:18 PM
    http://modmyi.com/forums/general/725...e-restore.html

This link will walk you through some basics about downgrading your phone so it can be jailbroke. An don't get discouraged this is a learning process for everyone.
    This post infers no rights and is provided as is.

Click here to follow me on twitter
    2010-09-19 07:22 PM
    http://modmyi.com/forums/general/725...e-restore.html

This link will walk you through some basics about downgrading your phone so it can be jailbroke. An don't get discouraged this is a learning process for everyone.
    Okay, I guess I am just fuming since this issue is rolled into other (non-related) problems I am having.

I will check it out.
    2010-09-19 07:28 PM
    I also just noticed that you are using a 3g all this info about shsh blobs is only relevant if you are trying to downgrade to 4.x.x firmwares. Anything under 4.x.x fw does not need verification to downgrade a 3g.

The easiest way out for you is just to downgrade back to 3.1.3 by having the 3.1.3 ipsw downloaded onto your pc then restoring to it by holding shift and clicking restore.

(note)
    If you already edited your host file to point to cydia then you will need to put a # sign in front of the edit in the host file to null the direction back to apples sever so it can verify your restore of 3.1.3

Once you get 3.1.3 back on it you can just go to JailbreakMe from the phone and jb it.

2010-09-19 07:36 PM
    I guess this would be my best option. I had 3.1.2 for so long then eventually went to 3.1.3 and held that for months. Then I started having all my random issues like Youtube wouldn't launch, Applious wouldn't work, and too many random errors in cydia. So I figure it may be time to update to 4.*

This is when my anxiety and headaches started.
    2010-09-19 07:51 PM
    Keep the faith, we've got enough knowledge to fix your problems. YouTube is an easy one. Take a breath, start again and let's get you sorted, it'll be easy.
    2010-09-19 09:07 PM
    Keep the faith, we've got enough knowledge to fix your problems. YouTube is an easy one. Take a breath, start again and let's get you sorted, it'll be easy.
    Thanks for the words of encouragement. I have noticed Youtube I all it's glory is filled with people tagging/titling their videos with false info. I have googled rollback downgrade 4.1 to 4.0 and none of the videos I found pertain to what I actually needed.

Anyone have a real answer when Greenpois0n's 4.1 jailbreak will be released and is there a way to get on a newsletter list to know the moment it comes out?

I am busy the rest of the afternoon with MAYBE some free time to get back to this later. But for now I realized NOTHING is working on my phone. I cannot get on the web, Google maps does load anything, and I cannot make calls but can receive but just cannot hear the other person....DOH!
    Last edited by tjlmbklr; 2010-09-19 at 10:06 PM.
    2010-09-19 09:55 PM
    Add modmyi to twitter or keep an eye on the news section of this site.

2010-09-19 09:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.