HELP Purchased this on friday 2nd hand and it was locked to 3.1.3

I restored it not realising that its now 4.1 and i need to get it atleast jailbroke and unlcoked because the idiot told me it was unlocked.. and it was only unlocked because it was jailbroke.. its locked to ORANGE IN FRANCE and im here in the UK!

Any help please! Ive tried every guide and video on youtube and no luck i keep getting the error code on itunes. Please help
    2010-09-19 12:25 PM
    You're doomed!

Wait for new tools.....
    2010-09-19 02:56 PM
    no JB untill possibly Wednesday..
    Don't know about unlocking though you may have to wait a lil while longer.
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.
    2010-09-19 03:07 PM
    Ahh im fuming, wednesday i ages off :/ it seems anyhow lol.

Ive juts been robbed iPhone Worldwide: Our iPhone Unlock and Download Services absolutely misleading robbing bastards. It suggests they unlock 4.1.. paid and its 4.01, so anoying.

Thanks for the reply, cheers guys
    2010-09-19 09:16 PM
    I have 3 words for u

Read Read And Read.
    2010-09-19 09:24 PM
    Next time, before restore, read a little more on how restores works

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    2010-09-19 09:25 PM
    You won't be unlocking that phone anytime soon even if a jb does come out soon. Your best bet is to sell it and buy another one. Also there is no such thing as a factory unlocked 3gs. So anyone you buy will be jailbroke and unlocked.
    This post infers no rights and is provided as is.

Click here to follow me on twitter
    2010-09-19 09:33 PM
    Agreed, all the dev are seeming to suggest that the latest baseband that came with 4.1 in not unlockable, which is why we are gonna need to preserve out baseband while updating, then jailbreak.

Since you can't downgrade the baseband you won't be able to unlock, possibly ever.
    2010-09-20 02:06 AM
    You won't be unlocking that phone anytime soon even if a jb does come out soon. Your best bet is to sell it and buy another one. Also there is no such thing as a factory unlocked 3gs. So anyone you buy will be jailbroke and unlocked.
    I don't think that's true. You can buy factory unlocked 3GS's in my local supermarket. They were (are still?) available in Hong Kong & Italy too (plus many others).
    2010-09-20 07:53 AM
    no JB untill possibly Wednesday..
    Don't know about unlocking though you may have to wait a lil while longer.
    There's no ETA on the coming jailbreak, so what you're saying isn't really true. I assume you're talking about Snowbreeze, but that can't jailbreak phones that aren't already jailbroken on a lower firmware version.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.
    2010-09-20 07:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD