Seems forever i have been waiting, im reading today today today. But where is it!?

Then i read Wednesday the 24th and its Thursday 24th.. :/ Im baffled,i would like this jailbreak ASAP If anybody knows anything i can do to get the piece of **** iphone to work i would be gratefull, ive no signall at all the network is blocked and needs unlocking
    2010-09-22 07:53 PM
    Patience, I remember when I got my i4 on release day. It took about a month for the JB and this site was crawling with people asking when every 2 min. Comex did give updates and that was helpful but this one seems vauge on a release time. I thought I was going to have to return my iphone and be on the waiting list but my issue turned out to be an AT&T issue here in Austin, Tx. It will come! They are working hard and once it's released, save your shsh and no more worries m8
    2010-09-22 07:59 PM
    ... its being released today 6pm pmt, or 1 gmt ... but that would make it thursday of us UK people.
    2010-09-22 08:22 PM
    ... its being released today 6pm pmt, or 1 gmt ... but that would make it thursday of us UK people.
    There is no jailbreak for 3gs on 4.1 - not today, tomorrow or anytime soon. If your on 4.1 you have the 5.14.02 baseband - which is not supported via redsnow or any other group.

In other words, you need to wait on greenspois0n to do their thing, you can visit their twitter page & encourage them. Just remember that nagging them will only make things worse for everyone that is patiently waiting.

p.s. even if they released a jailbreak for 4.1 - you cant unlock until 5.14.02 is cracked.
    2010-09-22 08:28 PM
    The only place for updates is Chronic Dev Blog
    2010-09-22 08:36 PM
    There is no jailbreak for 3gs on 4.1 - not today, tomorrow or anytime soon. If your on 4.1 you have the 5.14.02 baseband - which is not supported via redsnow or any other group.

In other words, you need to wait on greenspois0n to do their thing, you can visit their twitter page & encourage them. Just remember that nagging them will only make things worse for everyone that is patiently waiting.

p.s. even if they released a jailbreak for 4.1 - you cant unlock until 5.14.02 is cracked.

Mines jailbroken mate.... thank you. (p.s - Baseband is 05.12.01)

And please keep up to date; Sn0wbreeze 2.0 will jailbreak of course with Custom Firmware and your iphone will need to be jailbroken before hand.

http://www.redmondpie.com/sn0wbreeze...e-3gs-release/

4.1 has been jailbroken and has done for the last week or so, unoffically of course but it still has been done.

Just a couple issues with it is all but not stopping me from using it as a phone.
    Last edited by LOGiCALX; 2010-09-22 at 09:44 PM.
    2010-09-22 09:41 PM
    Considering the circumstances a 4.1 3GS with no SHSHs cannot be jailbroken with any method at the current time. It's not impossible for a 3GS to be able to JB on 4.1, it's just impossible for a 3GS with no SHSHs that is already on 4.1.

Btw OP, a lot of us are eager and waiting. It's best to just pass your time not worrying about when. When it does then get released, we will all be happy and forget about all the time we stressed about it.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2010-09-22 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-09-22 09:55 PM
    Considering the circumstances a 4.1 3GS with no SHSHs cannot be jailbroken with any method at the current time. It's not impossible for a 3GS to be able to JB on 4.1, it's just impossible for a 3GS with no SHSHs that is already on 4.1.

Btw OP, a lot of us are eager and waiting. It's best to just pass your time not worrying about when. When it does then get released, we will all be happy and forget about all the time we stressed about it.
    AMEN!! Im going to cut back on how often i visit the forums or do google searches for 4.1 jailbreak
    2010-09-22 10:56 PM

Well said!

Yea iv had mine jailbroken since 3.1.2 making sure i backed up when ever a new firmware come out

But cant wait till sn0wbreeze!!!
    2010-09-22 10:56 PM
    Yeah guys let's just read a book or something... Lol *insert hysterical psycho laughter here*

Yeah I'm on MMi everyday checking. I just don't let my hopes get up so I can disappoint myself haha.
    2010-09-22 11:00 PM
    If it's an old baseband 3GS that was previously jailbroken it's not impossible. It still has the 24kpwn DFU exploit as always and as long as you ride the JB train you can continue to upgrade. He may be one of the lucky beta testers of snowbreeze 2.0 or something.
    2010-09-22 11:02 PM
    Thankyou for all the advice everybody, so im hoping tommorow -thursday here in the UK! How do i know if the mobile is new boot old boot.. blah blah etc.. & do i have to downgrade first or what not if im on 4.1. I know its the MC model tho

It was jailbroken when i purchased it on friday on 3.1.3 and me not knowing it was 4.1, as my other iphone was on 4.0 jailbroken no problem. So thick me updated and messed up the phone because its locked to Orange in FRANCE. & Im here in the UK. Absolute piss take. :@

:/

Thanks for any help in advance!
    Last edited by emilybrown2010; 2010-09-23 at 12:45 AM. Reason: adding 2 it
    2010-09-23 12:42 AM
    Thankyou for all the advice everybody, so im hoping tommorow -thursday here in the UK! How do i know if the mobile is new boot old boot.. blah blah etc.. & do i have to downgrade first or what not if im on 4.1. I know its the MC model tho

It was jailbroken when i purchased it on friday on 3.1.3 and me not knowing it was 4.1, as my other iphone was on 4.0 jailbroken no problem. So thick me updated and messed up the phone because its locked to Orange in FRANCE. & Im here in the UK. Absolute piss take. :@

:/

Thanks for any help in advance!
    If you updated to a stock 4.1 then the baseband was also updated. Even when the jailbreak is released there won't be an unlock available. At least not right away.
    2010-09-23 01:35 AM
    If you updated to a stock 4.1 then the baseband was also updated. Even when the jailbreak is released there won't be an unlock available. At least not right away.
    Whats a stock? I know the shsh files are there
    2010-09-23 01:47 AM
    It means you downloaded it through the apple servers.. Go to settings>general>about>scroll down to modem firmware if it says 5.14.02 your screwed then theres no unlock for you right now

Even with shsh you can downgrade the firmware but not the baseband
    2010-09-23 02:25 AM
    Think of firmware as the OS that we jailbreak. Baseband is the carrier that the phone is locked to. There are two separate processes - the jailbreak and the unlock. If you want to stay with the current carrier that your phone is locked to, then you'd only want to jailbreak. If you want to use the phone on a different carrier, you need to jailbreak and unblock (two steps). When Apple provides a new software version, sometimes they not only update the firmware, they also update the baseband. In the case of 4.1, they updated both the firmware and baseband. The SHSH hashes are used for firmware updates (or roll backs). If you updated to 4.1, and you have 4.0.1 SHSH saves with Cydia, then you can restore your iPhone to 4.0.1 firmware and use the userland jailbreak. But you cannot revert back to a previous baseband. So if you updated, you'll not be able to unlock the device for use on other carriers.

Now, you do have another option to try. Just because there is not currently a hack to unlock the newest baseband, doesn't mean that Apple on Orange can't unlock it. If you bought the iPhone that is locked to Orange and Orange is not available in the UK, then you might be able to get Orange to unlock the iPhone for you legitimately. I don't know the logistics of European cellular. But I do know that Apple and the carriers have the ability to unlock the device. Or you can wait until (and if) an unlock is released from the hackers.

On another note, remember that the people who develop the jailbreaks and unlocks do so at no compensation. They use their talents, knowledge and time and give the fruits of their work to us. One hacker recently quit the scene. Maybe because people were demanding unlocks without even a thank you. And maybe he was just tired of the game. But the last go-around there seemed to be a fair amount of resentment from the hackers about people demanding the jailbreak. It will be released when they decide to do so. Their jailbreaks have been responsible jailbreaks that have been reliable. Like any software release, it needs to be tested before released into the wild.
    2010-09-23 04:57 AM
    JB would have been easy if only I hadn't updated to 4.0.2
    2010-09-30 02:04 PM
    I have iphone 3gs with 4.0, 05.13.04, MB model. Unlocked and jailbroken for tmobile. Can i upgrade to 4.1 and unlock and jailbreak using jailbreakme.com or anything else?
    2010-09-30 07:43 PM
    I have iphone 3gs with 4.0, 05.13.04, MB model. Unlocked and jailbroken for tmobile. Can i upgrade to 4.1 and unlock and jailbreak using jailbreakme.com or anything else?
    No & No
    2010-09-30 10:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.