True but most of the apps are on android also so then I might as well get that new htc phone, the folks at A are far ahead of MMI when it comes to programming. But that's probably because iPhone users are young compared to the ppl at A who have had 30+ years experience in programming.

I see ur point tho, I've neve went more than a few days without a jailbreak so i wouldn't know =p

X.D.A I meant, ignore the emoticon haha
    Last edited by Waleed786; 2010-09-23 at 03:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-09-23 03:34 AM
    I'm not saying that it's not worth it to jailbreak, because it deffinately is worth it. What I'm saying is that the iPhone is a fantastic piece of hardware all on it's own. Jailbreaking just makes it that much better. So many people come here complaining that they can't jailbreak, and that it's not worth owning an iPhone unless it's jailbroken.
    2010-09-23 04:28 AM
    finally, it is out, I had downloaded it!
    What is?
    2010-09-23 04:31 AM
    What is?
    Probably talking about Sn0wbreeze 2.
    2010-09-23 05:09 AM
    I agree with you all that it is a great phone regardless if it's jailbroke or not, it's just once you have it jb then go back to stock, it's hard to get used to. As a few people have said, there is always something new with a jb device - wether it be a new tweak or even just a new killer theme. The jailbreak community release updates much more often than apple! Also with **********, you don't have to waste money on crappy apps, just try before you buy.

Having said all that, the iPhone is most definitely the best phone I've owned, jb or not, and I wouldn't turn it down if I was stuck with no jb. It's good to see some mixed reviews on this topic.
    2010-09-23 10:48 AM
    This may seems just a post about another noob crying about the jailbreak, but I'm getting really impatient about the iPhone 4, 4.1 jb! I know the dev teams are hard at work and I am /very/ thankful, but in the short time that I've had to use a stock iPhone (a little over a week), it has made me realise that iPhones really suck if they aren't jailbroke. I mean, there is just so much more a jailbreak gives you, and I feel like the iPhone is useless without it! Let me know your opinions, do you think an unjailbroken iPhone is poor too?
    Then why have you upgraded despite the fact that it has been widely spoken not to upgrade ?
    2010-09-23 11:03 AM
    Then why have you upgraded despite the fact that it has been widely spoken not to upgrade ?
    I bought my iPhone 4 with 4.0.1 surprisingly since it was just over a week ago, and I decided to update because I wanted the GameCenter and the HDR photos, and from what I was reading the jailbreak was going to be released within the next few days so i didn't mind waiting. If I knew it was going to be a week or more, I would of jb it and kept 4.0.1. GameCenter and HDR photos really aren't worth updating for, I'd take a jailbreak over them any day.

iPad 2 16GB Wifi iOS 5.0.1 - Absinthe
    iPhone 4S 16GB iOS 5.0.1 - Absinthe
    2010-09-23 11:06 AM
    I bought my iPhone 4 with 4.0.1 surprisingly since it was just over a week ago, and I decided to update because I wanted the GameCenter and the HDR photos, and from what I was reading the jailbreak was going to be released within the next few days so i didn't mind waiting. If I knew it was going to be a week or more, I would of jb it and kept 4.0.1. GameCenter and HDR photos really aren't worth updating for, I'd take a jailbreak over them any day.
    I understand. Just a quick question: is the included HDR photo in 4.1 better than Pro HDR from the appstore ?
    2010-09-23 11:09 AM
    I understand. Just a quick question: is the included HDR photo in 4.1 better than Pro HDR from the appstore ?
    I'm not sure buddy, haven't used the app store one. The one that comes with 4.1 makes a lot of photos look over exposed which fails. I guess it's ok for places with dark lighting, though in that case I'd just use the flash lol. I really can't see any gain from 4.1, the GameCenter is nowhere near what I thought it was going to be. It's just like a leaderboard, I thought you could play against friends etc lol.

2010-09-23 11:12 AM
    Same exact problem here. I figured it would be out a day or two after the release so i went ahead and updated. Curiosity killed the cat though. This is the longest I've ever had to wait for a jb.
    2010-09-23 02:52 PM
    Same exact problem here. I figured it would be out a day or two after the release so i went ahead and updated. Curiosity killed the cat though. This is the longest I've ever had to wait for a jb.
    Same with me, well I bought my 3G with 3.1.3 around the same time Spirit was released so I didn't have to wait at all. It's painful waiting for this one

My carrier are in the process of sending me out a new micro sim so that I can keep my old number/contract, so I've been stuck leaving the iPhone 4 at home while I take the 3G to college, work, etc. At least if I could jb it, it would ease the pain of not actually being able to properly use it just yet :P I tried cutting another spare sim down to size, but the actual gold connecter was too big even when I cut it perfect lol, lucky I didn't do it on my original sim!

2010-09-23 03:01 PM
    I have NEVER found any FW upgrade feature offered by Apple to be worth upgrading and losing my Jailbreak.

I seriously don't understand the "i accidently upgraded" stories.

its like a 20 minute process that even gives you the opportuninty to cancel.

while i am really missing all the customization stuff of a JB on my IP4, its still far from a crappy phone without JB. I actually feel better about myself having bought more than a few apps while waiting for a JB.
    Last edited by Madman604x; 2010-09-23 at 05:22 PM.
    60% of the time, it works every time.
    2010-09-23 05:20 PM
    The only thing I use a JB for is the MMS setting for T-Mobile. Other than that, I don't use cydia or rock. I'm fine with my factory unlocked 3GS. I may not be "using the phone to it's full capabilities". But I don't have a problem with that.

I just have to live w/o mms until Greenpois0n is released. Which isn't a bad deal. 
    Last edited by beans_p_; 2010-09-23 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-09-23 08:02 PM
    It's just unfortunate you're missing out on a lot of fun stuff it's not even about themes or customizing, there are things like MyWi, My3G, SBSettings, speed tweaks, etc that make the phone go beyond. But hey, if you don't have a problem with a stock phone then high five lol. I just think it's worth exploring the JB, you might find something that you like that you didn't know could happen on the iPhone. I know I'm waiting for the PS emulator to be iP4 compatible... Didn't work well on my iPhone 3G
    2010-09-23 08:05 PM
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. If you don't think an iPhone is worth having unless it's jailbroken then you shouldn't own an iPhone.
    100% Agree. The "stock" iPhone serves my purposes. iPhones were built to be phones not an hacked, chopped and modified accessory. I was tempted to jailbreak my iPhone 4, but the time, effort and voiding of my warranty were too great to risk just to get custom themes and other features that I don't need. If you feel I am wrong feel free to tell me, I don't know all that the magical Cydia has to offer.
    2010-11-03 04:58 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD