User Tag List

somehow i can't hacktivate my 3G with sn0wbreeze 2.0.1
    anyone have the same problem with me?
    is there any solution to solve this?
    please help me
    2010-09-23 08:45 AM
    Same I've jailbroken all the firmwares. And I'm not a newbie. I've done everything right. Like 5-10 times. I have a Iphone 3G and its not activating with Sn0wbreeze 2.0.1 on the 4.1 firmware. Sux!!!
    2010-09-24 08:42 AM
    That is correct, it didn't do it for my 3GS too. I thought I forgot to check activate, but I have my valid sim with me.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-09-24 at 09:20 AM.
    2010-09-24 09:05 AM
    Same here i just did this on my 3GS and it failed to Hacktivate !! lucky i had a carrier sim for the phone.

I am planning to do my wifes 3G ? if i have the same problem by it not Hactivating i can just activate with original sim right ?????
    . I Am the Random Thanks Collector So Please Press the Thanks Button
    2010-09-24 09:16 AM
    Guys, took me best part of 14hours to get this working but I've finially cracked it. This is how I resolved the issue on my 3G.

1. Launch sn0wbreeze 2.0.1 and select Expert Mode.
    2. Browse for your iOS4.1 IPSW and select it.
    3. Click next when it verifies the IPSW.
    4. Select General and UNTICK activate the iPhone and press next.
    5. Keep going through the menu's selecting the options you want on your custom firmware until you're presented with the main screen again.
    6. Now select General again and this time TICK activate the iPhone and go through the options for your custom firmware until for the 2nd time you're presented with the main screen.
    7. This time select Build IPSW.
    8. When you are asked whether you are already Jailbroken select NO. This will launch the DFU helper.
    9. Remove the SIM from your iPhone. This is an IMPORTANT step and without doing this hacktivation WILL NOT work.
    10. After removing the SIM switch off the iPhone with the dock connector plugged into your iPhone and PC and click Start on the DFU helper. Follow the prompts to enter DFU mode.
    11. Once in DFU mode, open iTunes.
    12. iTunes will prompt to perform a restore. Hold down the shift key and select Restore. Go to the desktop and select the
    sn0wbreeze_iPhone_3G.ipsw and begin the restore.
    13. The restore will complete and the iPhone will reboot. Keep the iPhone connected. It will then be hacktivated. Once hacktivation is complete, reinsert your SIM.
    14. Perform your restore in iTunes.

I hope this helps guys.
    2010-09-24 11:27 AM
    I followed everything except #14. What restore in iTunes are you talking about. Contacts, etc?
    2010-09-24 03:32 PM
    Yeah, I was having the same problem. Everything seemed fine but when 4.1 booted (from Sn0wbreeze boot logo) the phone was still unactivated.

I tried 4 or 5 times unsuccessfully, then just messing around did what gianni said, namely untick Activate and then turn it back on later in the process. The way I did it was to go all the way through Sn0wbreeze normally, then I went back to General and unticked and ticked Activate. I'm sure there will be a fix for this in a couple hours, but for those of us who have more time than patience, it helps now.

I'm going to go back to 4.01 though because without Activator and Backgrounder running on proswitcher, it's just not worth it.

@garyh99 Best is to get into DFU mode (follow the directions in iREB or elsewhere) then iTunes will prompt you to restore the phone. I'm guessing you didn't follow the directions closely because if you are in DFU mode (#11) iTunes will pop up with a window saying that it found a phone in recovery mode and there will be a pretty button on the screen saying Restore. Hold shift (option on Mac) and click the button, then go to your sn0wbreeze cooked firmware.
    Last edited by thehumble1; 2010-09-24 at 04:16 PM.
    2010-09-24 04:13 PM
    Hi, guys.

There is a solution posted on iH8sn0w forum. Here is a copy:

the current Sn0wBreeze version clearly has a problem with hacktivating 3G devices, the 3Gs seems to be affected, too.
    Please, test the software before you release it. This will reduce the numbers of confused users and support posts.
    Don't be the first one to release a jailbreak. Be the first one to release a working one.

What you need to do, is to patch the "lockdownd" file that is responsible for the phone's activation (not unlock).

If you feel unsure about this guide, better wait for a working all-in-one tool.

1) Create a modified firmware in expert mode without activation, flash it and wait until the phone starts up and presents you the emergency screen. Use iREB in case iTunes prevents you from applying the firmware to bypass the error.
    Use a file browser to access the filesystem. iPhoneBrowser does the job.

2) Now, download the right bundle for your phone from msftguy's homepage and get the file "lockdownd.patch".
    (It can be used in the recent PwnageTool for Mac by the way and activates your phone correctly. You need to do it manually now.)

msftguy

iPhone1,2_4.1_8B117.bundle_v0.zip for 3G ,
    iPhone2,1_4.1_8B117.bundle_v5.zip for 3Gs.

Get the bsdiff_win_exe.zip from http://tpokorra.blogspot.com/2007/11/bs ... d-net.html

3) Using iPhoneBrowser download "lockdownd" from "usr/libexec".

Place "lockdownd", "lockdownd.patch" and "bspatch.exe" all in one directory on your PC.

Holding shift, right-click this folder and open a command prompt.

Enter this command to generate the patched lockdownd file:

Code:
    bspatch lockdownd lockdownd_patched lockdownd.patch

4) Do the following steps with iPhoneBrowser on your phone:

Open the path "usr/libexec" and right-click the file "lockdownd", choose "Replace file..".
    Select "lockdownd_patched", it will be renamed and the permissions will be copied automatically.

5) Restart. Your phone is now hacktivated.

PS: The auto-login feature of this forum doesn't seem to work..
    2010-09-24 06:00 PM
    Hi, guys.

There is a solution posted on iH8sn0w forum. Here is a copy:
    Thats all well and good but can someone tell me if i can just activte with original sim ?

3G upgrade from 3 to 4.1

This is what i did with my 3GS just want to make sure that i can do that with the 3G
    2010-09-24 08:39 PM
    Guys, took me best part of 14hours to get this working but I've finially cracked it. This is how I resolved the issue on my 3G.

5. Keep going through the menu's selecting the options you want on your custom firmware until you're presented with the main screen again.
    6. Now select General again and this time TICK activate the iPhone and go through the options for your custom firmware until for the 2nd time you're presented with the main screen.
    8. When you are asked whether you are already Jailbroken select NO. This will launch the DFU helper.
    9. Remove the SIM from your iPhone. This is an IMPORTANT step and without doing this hacktivation WILL NOT work.
    10. After removing the SIM switch off the iPhone with the dock connector plugged into your iPhone and PC and click Start on the DFU helper. Follow the prompts to enter DFU mode.
    12. iTunes will prompt to perform a restore. Hold down the shift key and select Restore. Go to the desktop and select the
    13. The restore will complete and the iPhone will reboot. Keep the iPhone connected. It will then be hacktivated. Once hacktivation is complete, reinsert your SIM.

I hope this helps guys.
    Thanks very much, gianni281, that really worked on my 3g with Mode of MB. I am running 4.1 jailbroken with sn0wbreeze 2.0.1 and unlocked with ultrasn0w in cydia. but still some problems are popped up: can't use YouTube, App store, or Itunes on phone. Hopefully, there are some way I can find.

one suggestion to add, better to turn all virus protection off before starting the N0. 10 step, otherwise virus protection may kill IREB.

updating: I just restarted all steps from beginning with adding multi-task and wallpaper when cooking customer fw, after done jailbreaking and unlocking, App store and Itunes are working right now. YouTube still no luck. another thing really surprising me is that I didn't fell any big difference for the speed between 4.1 and 3.1.3.
    Last edited by ayangch; 2010-09-24 at 10:14 PM.
    2010-09-24 09:01 PM

I hope this helps guys.
    Cheers it worked but now when I connect my 3g it comes up with an error "iTunes could not connect this iphone beacuse an unknown error occurred (0xE8000065)." This is lame!!

Cheers it worked but now when I connect my 3g it comes up with an error "iTunes could not connect this iphone beacuse an unknown error occurred (0xE8000065)." This is lame!!
    Cool all fixed. For some reason I couldn't restore my old backup. After starting fresh look like everythings starting to go. Cheer
    Last edited by rock_ya; 2010-09-25 at 12:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-09-25 12:11 AM
    Actually iH8sn0w just updated sn0wbreeze to 2.0.2 that fixes the hacktivation issues.
    2010-09-25 04:15 AM
    Thnaks for sharing
    2010-09-25 04:18 AM
    Still getting a error on my 3g. iTunes could not connect this iphone beacuse an unknown error occurred (0xE8000065). I'm using Sn0wbreeze 2.0.2. I can add apps. But it will not let me back up.
    2010-09-26 10:45 AM
    Still getting a error on my 3g. iTunes could not connect this iphone beacuse an unknown error occurred (0xE8000065). I'm using Sn0wbreeze 2.0.2. I can add apps. But it will not let me back up.
    getting this same error. if i'm lucky enough to not get it and actually connect my phone and sync, then i get an error mid-sync saying that itunes can't sync with my iphone because the session can't be started.

hoping that this'll be fixed with updated jailbreaking tools
    2010-09-26 08:05 PM
    getting this same error. if i'm lucky enough to not get it and actually connect my phone and sync, then i get an error mid-sync saying that itunes can't sync with my iphone because the session can't be started.

hoping that this'll be fixed with updated jailbreaking tools
    Yeah man i'm getting exactly the same thing. Sn0wbreeze sux. Hope Redsn0w for windows works when it comes out.
    2010-09-26 08:23 PM
    Yeah man i'm getting exactly the same thing. Sn0wbreeze sux. Hope Redsn0w for windows works when it comes out.
    it's not fair to say sn0wbreeze sux. without these guys we would all still be playing snake on our Nokias

we should thank all the iphone devs out there and cut them some slack. i know its frustrating but i for one could not do any better could you ?
    2010-09-26 08:30 PM
    sn0wbreeze 2.0.2 fixed hacktivation issues... its out now

you guys are freaking n00bs search before you whine
    2010-09-26 09:04 PM
    sn0wbreeze 2.0.2 fixed hacktivation issues... its out now

you guys are freaking n00bs search before you whine
    Dude your a noob, read my blog. I'm using sn0wbreeze 2.0.2. It hactivates the phone. But it gives you problems backing the iphone up to itunes.
    2010-09-27 02:40 AM
    2010-09-30 07:06 AM
22 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD