Ive tested my iphones with iDetector and both come up as the "Old Bootrom". I updated my 32gb 3GS to 4.1 after screwing it up but thought that the bootrom changed. I also tested my 16gb 3GS which is on 4.01 and this also came up as the "Old Bootrom". Is this a good thing? I want to JB both my iphones if poss
    2010-09-24 12:25 AM
    You can jailbreak them with snobreeze
    2010-09-24 12:52 AM
    You will however only be able to jailbreak the one on 4.1 if you downgrade first and for downgrading, you will need to have saved the SHSH for a version that is jailbreakable. If you can't downgrade, there's no jailbreak for that one until SHAtter/greenpois0n is released.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.
    2010-09-24 01:07 AM
    You will however only be able to jailbreak the one on 4.1 if you downgrade first and for downgrading, you will need to have saved the SHSH for a version that is jailbreakable. If you can't downgrade, there's no jailbreak for that one until SHAtter/greenpois0n is released.
    How far away would you say that is?
    2010-09-24 01:09 AM
    How far away would you say that is?
    I honestly have no idea. Though I'd go as far as saying that it's within one month. It could be significantly less, but there's really no telling.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.
    2010-09-24 01:17 AM
    Ive tested my iphones with iDetector and both come up as the "Old Bootrom". I updated my 32gb 3GS to 4.1 after screwing it up but thought that the bootrom changed. I also tested my 16gb 3GS which is on 4.01 and this also came up as the "Old Bootrom". Is this a good thing? I want to JB both my iphones if poss
    You should check if you have any shsh blogs for your two iphones first.
    2010-09-24 01:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD