User Tag List

Iíve done everything I know to do, and believe me Iíve read till my eyes are crossed, I canít seem to get the jailbreak to work, I was jailbroken on ios4, then saw the snowbreeze jailbreak for ios 4.1 so I decided to do it, all was going well until I couldnít get my phone to go n2 dfu mode, then ireb started running, but I hadnít downloaded it, so somehow I now have an un jailbroken, and probably baseband updated (could care less bout baseband and unlock) phone, I would really appreciate some help getting this jailbreak to work, when I open iTunes and hit restore I think Iím actually installing apples 4.1, not snowbreeezes, I redid the jailbreak, and it seemed to work, clicked on not jailbroken, and ireb started again and it said waiting for custom firmware, so I did the shift restore again, same thing, then I saw the snowbreeze icon on the desktop, so I did, dfu mode, opened itunes, shift restore, but this time I pointed itunes to the snowbreeze icon on my desktop, now I get the iphone could not be restored, error 1604, again any help would be appreciated, i don't mind being talked to like a 4 yr old, actually that would prolly help
    2010-09-24 01:28 PM
    Create the custom firmware in sn0wbreeze and then when it asks you if you have jailbroken before, just close it completely. Open itunes and iREB (Download from the ih8snow site) and click online mode in iREB. Follow the instructions to put your phone in dfu mode (make sure its plugged in). Wait for the custom firmware "waiting" message to appear on your screen and the confirmation message in iREB before you do the next step.

Go into itunes and hold shift on the keyboard while clicking restore. Brose to the firmware which you created (should be on the desktop called sn0wbreezeXXXXX), select it and click open. Wait for your phone to restore and you should have a nicely jailbroken 3G.
    2010-09-24 01:36 PM
    If you have a 3G and you don't need to preserve the baseband for unlocking then just install 4.1 from apple. Them use the latest redsn0w to jailbreak.
    2010-09-24 01:41 PM
    chillin' DUDE U R MY FREAKIN HERO!!! was begginin ta wonder if i'd seriously screwed up, but it was worth the risk, cause my phone was so bad before it was barely useable, this whole jailbreak scene is very confusing, guys like u r the only reason i'll stick w/ an iphone, as for redsn0w i thought that was only mac based for now, i do have one more question tho, it's about the tethered part of the jailbreak, does this mean if i turn off my phone for ne reason i have to do the ireb, then restore in itunes thing all over again? that kina takes a while, seems like my phone was constantly restarting, having to be restarted on 4.0. i hope this is not the case. thx again 4 all ur help
    2010-09-24 02:15 PM
    chillin' DUDE U R MY FREAKIN HERO!!! was begginin ta wonder if i'd seriously screwed up, but it was worth the risk, cause my phone was so bad before it was barely useable, this whole jailbreak scene is very confusing, guys like u r the only reason i'll stick w/ an iphone, as for redsn0w i thought that was only mac based for now, i do have one more question tho, it's about the tethered part of the jailbreak, does this mean if i turn off my phone for ne reason i have to do the ireb, then restore in itunes thing all over again? that kina takes a while, seems like my phone was constantly restarting, having to be restarted on 4.0. i hope this is not the case. thx again 4 all ur help
    Nah man it shouldn't be tethered?
    2010-09-24 02:16 PM
    u ever come to orlando i'm buyin u lunch!!!
    2010-09-24 02:24 PM
    u ever come to orlando i'm buyin u lunch!!!
    Heh, thats a LOOOONG way from New Zealand... a thanks would be appreciated though!
    2010-09-24 02:27 PM
    u betcha!! THANK YOU
    2010-09-24 02:30 PM
    u betcha!! THANK YOU
    Hehe cheeers, but I meant the "thanks" button on my original post!
    2010-09-24 02:36 PM
    ok i got one more ??? now that i've sucessfully done the snowbreeze jailbreak (i have cydia now) where is my multitasking, or how do i turn it on?
    2010-09-24 03:11 PM
    ok i got one more ??? now that i've sucessfully done the snowbreeze jailbreak (i have cydia now) where is my multitasking, or how do i turn it on?
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6U399580UIo]YouTube - [How-To] Enable Multitasking/Wallpaper on iOS 4 (iPhone 3G/iPT2G)[/ame]
    2010-09-24 03:31 PM
    in cydia if you look for something called features for iphone 3g and download that then you should be able to do that with winterboard once you install that
    2010-09-24 05:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD