Hi All

I have been given a iPhone 3GS by a friend and he wants me to Jailbreak it.

It is running on 3.1.3 with 05.12 baseband so i want to know if i can use sn0wbreeze 2.0.2 to install a custom firmwear for 4.1 on windows.

Just one thing it has Cydia on it and when i asked how he got that on hes said through jailbreakme.com

So to claiify
    I want to install a custom 4.1 firwear on through windows and want to know if this can be done straight from 3.1.3 ?? and does the fact that jailbreakme has been involved does this make any differance ?

he has 4.0 4.01 and 4.02 saved on Cydia.

Or should i just upgrade to 4.01 and use jailbreakme again.

The whole point is that he needs to run Ultrasn0w for the unlock.

Thanks in advance for your help and advise
    . I Am the Random Thanks Collector So Please Press the Thanks Button
    2010-09-25 03:11 PM
    You cant use a custom firmware if jailbroken with jailbreakme.com.

Since he has SHSH restore to 4.0/4.0.1 and use jailbreakme.com again.
    If you need help with how to do that you can check this thread:
    http://modmyi.com/forums/general/725...e-restore.html
    2010-09-25 03:42 PM
    You cant use a custom firmware if jailbroken with jailbreakme.com.

Since he has SHSH restore to 4.0/4.0.1 and use jailbreakme.com again.
    If you need help with how to do that you can check this thread:
    http://modmyi.com/forums/general/725...e-restore.html
    Hi thanks for getting back to me regard this. Just one thing if i update through Tiny will in need to activate the phone or can i do it without a SIM in because i dont have a Orange Card which the phone is tied too ? Can you please advise.

One last thing i have put ultrasn0w on the phone and when i put another SIM in it says another SIM detected connect to itues (this is the first time i have ever seen this) if i can just connect to itunes and this message will go away and i can leave it on 3.1.3 as its just the Ulock that is missing at the moment as like i said it has Cydia on from Jailbreakme ?

Please can you advise as i dont want connect it to itunes and then get stuck ??

Thanks
    . I Am the Random Thanks Collector So Please Press the Thanks Button
    2010-09-25 04:01 PM
    You would need a official sim to activate after the restore.

Your current situation sounds like it was activated with a phonebook sim. To fix that message coming up when another sim is put in install cydia.pushfix.info in your sources in cydia then look for lockdown. It will stop that message from coming up when switching sims.
    2010-09-25 04:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD