Been running in safemode for about a week now and when i at last maneged to start it as usual it became obvious that something jailbreak-related was consuming my battery completely! Have to charge it every 6-8 hour (depending on what i do), estimate it to drain 4-5 times faster than using it in safemode when it usually lasts for about 1,5 days.
    Have tried to uninstall some tweaks which i suspected to be the power-eating villains such as SBsettings, Springborad, Cylay and a few others but with failed results..
    Anyone else who noticed that your iphone runs out of juice faster when jailbreaked? I have Iphone 4 with 4.0.1
    2010-09-26 01:47 PM
    Might be UltraSn0w
    Last edited by cypherpunk; 2010-09-26 at 02:00 PM.
    2010-09-26 01:55 PM
    Might be UltrSn0w
    Never had that one, but thank you for trying
    2010-09-26 01:58 PM
    springboard... thats the main board of icons so if thats a main drainer your f**ked cos that be draining on a non JB.
    winterboard maybe. but it does very little draining unless you have a lot of tweaks and addons.
    sb settings would possibly drain a bit but only if continually open..
    im guessing you have too many power hungry tweaks running to be honest.. which could explain your overuse of safemode. As you have no running memory left.
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.
    2010-09-26 02:26 PM
    maybe its just the reason un had it in safe mode for a week ? maybe you think you fixed it all? try restoring jailbreak unlock works fine on mine
    y get 2-3 days

30 hours with bluetooth and stereo headset

try restoring or mine your battery is just gone and needs replacement
    2010-09-26 02:28 PM
    springboard... thats the main board of icons so if thats a main drainer your f**ked cos that be draining on a non JB.
    winterboard maybe. but it does very little draining unless you have a lot of tweaks and addons.
    sb settings would possibly drain a bit but only if continually open..
    im guessing you have too many power hungry tweaks running to be honest.. which could explain your overuse of safemode. As you have no running memory left.
    Haha, yeah you're right, of course i meant winterboard!
    So is there a way to see which one of my tweaks who draws the most battery then? At the moment i have nearly none installed, but still it drains like hell! I only used (or was forced to use)safemode because something went wrong with a tweak (that i later maneged to remove)

maybe its just the reason un had it in safe mode for a week ? maybe you think you fixed it all? try restoring jailbreak unlock works fine on mine
    y get 2-3 days

30 hours with bluetooth and stereo headset

try restoring or mine your battery is just gone and needs replacement
    Could i restore jailbreak (just through jalbreakme.com, right?) without losing my apps and the apps-settings? Because then i think that would be worth a tryOr is there a downside to doing that?
    The phone is almost brand new so i don't need a new battery, also it works great when used in safemode so i for certain know that it's alright and the problems is related to one or more of the tweaks in jailbreak
    Last edited by jls21th; 2010-09-26 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-09-26 02:51 PM
    Can you reinstall sbsettings then open it up an go to more then mobilesubstrate add-ons. Tell us what's in there.
    2010-09-26 04:16 PM
    Can you reinstall sbsettings then open it up an go to more then mobilesubstrate add-ons. Tell us what's in there.
    All of the following is ON

Activator
    AnrRingLib
    CydgetLoader
    DisplayStack
    FiveIconDock
    IconSupport
    Infinifolders
    IntelliStatusIconsVi..
    LockInfo
    LockInfoPhone
    MuliMusicInfo
    MyWi
    PrefrenceLoader
    QuickReply
    RotaionInhibitor
    Tlert
    YourTube
    gremlin
    iPhoneDeliveryMS
    libhide
    libstatusbar
    sandcastle
    sandcastleclient

Should i try switching all of them OFF and then see if there's any diffrence then?
    2010-09-26 04:37 PM
    Wow. That's a lot lol. No one of those stands out to me as a battery hog by it's self, but combined they will have an affect on battery life. Each mobilesubstrate addon on it's own will have a negative impact on battery life to some extent because they have to be running constantly. Some add-ons use hardly any battery and some use a lot, it depends on what they do. You can try turning them of a couple at a time to start narrowing down which are causing the increased drain. Be careful NOT to turn off activator, otherwise you may not be able to get back into sbsettings.
    2010-09-26 04:55 PM
    SOLVED!
    I turned all of them off (including Activator sry..) and my phone started to work more fluently! Even a lot of the bugs has disappeared! (like apps do not now stop shaking after 2 sec making it almost impossible moving them to where i want for example)
    But main thing! My battery works as it should again!

Now i just have to find out which one who is the main thief for playing tricks on my bat by switch them off and on..

Will keep this space updated for others to see

THANKS A LOT TO YOU jkmonkey!
    2010-09-26 05:17 PM
    I'd like to know which one caused it if you find out,
    2010-09-26 06:13 PM
    Wow. That's a lot lol. No one of those stands out to me as a battery hog by it's self, but combined they will have an affect on battery life. Each mobilesubstrate addon on it's own will have a negative impact on battery life to some extent because they have to be running constantly. Some add-ons use hardly any battery and some use a lot, it depends on what they do. You can try turning them of a couple at a time to start narrowing down which are causing the increased drain. Be careful NOT to turn off activator, otherwise you may not be able to get back into sbsettings.
    I don't consider that a lot! I have way more than that!
    2010-09-26 06:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD