Hi Guys,I'm trying to do a fresh install of 4.0.1 on my 3g, but it gets about 1/2 to 3/4 of the way thru and the restore bar on the phone freezes. I've tried this over and over again, even on dfu mode (btw, for some reason I've saved my shsh blobs for 4.0.1 on cydia, but when I load tiny umbrella with phone in dfu mode it doesn't see my phone unless it's in regular restore mode, and even when in regular restore mode, I can't save my shsh's locally, cuz the save my shshs button is greyed out..)

So what do I need to do?
    Don't forget to say THANKS!

J.D.
    2010-09-27 11:25 PM
    If you are using TSS Server, then you must grab the 4.0.1 shsh file and store it in your .shsh folder. Click Display shsh will tell you that.
    OR you have something that is running port 80.
    You can use another method : By pointing your hosts file towards Cydia ( only if you have 4.0.1 shsh blogs )
    Then do the Shift + Restore to 4.0.1

Do you have Wifi sync installed on your pc?
    2010-09-27 11:34 PM
    Yep, did all that, it still freezes 3/4 of the way thru. Every single time.

I
    Do you have Wifi sync installed on your pc?
    I have that installed on my mac. do I need to kill that and if so, how?

I have now tried to restore after editing the host file as well, no dice, about to try this on a xp machine

itunes on xp has moved past the restoring iphone software part and got to the verifying iphone software, which my mac never did, so it's an issue with my mac i guess? any ideas on where to look for the problem?

UPDATE: Restore worked on XP machine, but did not on Mac... WHY?
    Last edited by phreakwenci; 2010-09-28 at 12:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Don't forget to say THANKS!

J.D.
    2010-09-28 12:52 AM
    That is the problem , wifi sync, uninstall it , then you will be able to restore.
    2010-09-28 01:37 AM
    Thanks so much. You just saved me as I was about to grab my phone and throw it out my window.

Thanks man!!
    2010-10-07 02:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD