User Tag List

So my iPhone 3g is already jailbroken by redsn0w on iOS 4.1. For some reason the actual mail app isn't working so I want to try limera1n instead. Can I just straight up plug my iPhone up and jailbreak or do I have to restore and do a fresh jailbreak?
    Thanks
    2010-10-10 04:21 AM
    iPhone 3G is not supported.

limera1n, 6 months in the making
    iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 3G, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod Touch 4G
    4.0-4.1 and beyond+++
    limera1n is unpatchable
    untethered thanks to jailbreakme star comex
    released today to get chronicdev to do the right thing
    brought to you by geohot
    Mac and Linux coming soon
    follow the instructions in the box, sadly limera1n isn't one click
    that's the price of unpatchability
    as usual, donations appreciated but not required
    still in beta, pardon my ragged edges
    AppleTV is technically supported, but theres no apps yet
    zero pictures of my face
    Use sn0wbreeze.

Create the custom firmware in sn0wbreeze and then when it asks you if you have jailbroken before, just close it completely. Open itunes and iREB (Download from the ih8snow site) and click online mode in iREB. Follow the instructions to put your phone in dfu mode (make sure its plugged in). Wait for the custom firmware "waiting" message to appear on your screen and the confirmation message in iREB before you do the next step.

Go into itunes and hold shift on the keyboard while clicking restore. Brose to the firmware which you created (should be on the desktop called sn0wbreezeXXXXX), select it and click open. Wait for your phone to restore and you should have a nicely jailbroken 3G.

Works brilliantly.

Edit: When you get to the page in sn0wbreeze that has "General, Unlocks, Custom Packages etc" click general and enable multitasking and wallpapers. Then click continue until you see the option that says "create custom IPSW", click that and click next.
    Last edited by Chilling_Silence; 2010-10-10 at 04:34 AM.
    2010-10-10 04:31 AM
    Okay I will try this tomorrow Is there anyway to speed my phone up though jailbreaking makes it so dang slow lol? And thanks btw
    2010-10-10 06:50 AM
    Okay I will try this tomorrow Is there anyway to speed my phone up though jailbreaking makes it so dang slow lol? And thanks btw
    Try disabling multitask & homescreen wallpaper.
    2010-10-10 07:00 AM

And don't install a shitload of apps etc, also don't use winterboard because it slows it down DRAMATICALLY.
    2010-10-10 07:18 AM
    Hey is Redsnow working for you guyz ???
    I am using iphone 3g and currently on 4.1

I have tried Redsnow a dozen of times but I keep on getting stuck on Uploading Ramdisk screen and nothing happens after that

I have tried the "Creating Pwnage Folder on desktop" even that doesnt work for me

Am I the only one or anyone else is also facing the same problem
    2010-10-10 10:41 AM
    Hey is Redsnow working for you guyz ???
    I am using iphone 3g and currently on 4.1

I have tried Redsnow a dozen of times but I keep on getting stuck on Uploading Ramdisk screen and nothing happens after that

I have tried the "Creating Pwnage Folder on desktop" even that doesnt work for me

Am I the only one or anyone else is also facing the same problem
    Keep holding the home button until it finishes uploading ramdisk.

Or try sn0wbreeze combined with iREB.
    2010-10-10 10:50 AM
    Keep holding the home button until it finishes uploading ramdisk.

Or try sn0wbreeze combined with iREB.
    Holding home button doesn't work
    I tried sn0wbreeze but again got stuck @ iREB screen

2010-10-10 11:48 AM
    Holding home button doesn't work
    I tried sn0wbreeze but again got stuck @ iREB screen

Follow exactly what I wrote in the second post above. Download iREB from ih8sn0w rather than using the one in sn0wbreeze. Only use sn0wbreeze to create you cfw etc etc etc... its all up there
    2010-10-10 12:27 PM
    oh yeah one more thing lol. will sn0wbreeze allow you to enable battery percentage like redsn0w does lol

wait another question wouldnt restoring like that in itunes erase all of my data?
    Last edited by dustin942000; 2010-10-10 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-10-10 05:27 PM
    oh yeah one more thing lol. will sn0wbreeze allow you to enable battery percentage like redsn0w does lol

wait another question wouldnt restoring like that in itunes erase all of my data?
    Yes it does. Yes it will, same as redn0w?? But when you turn your phone back on and sync it up, just restore from backup.
    2010-10-10 09:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD