Lol sure. I cant believe the whole community was against geohot and said "we dont need him" and now all is forgotten.

And for the 100th time its not about who released what first. Its about the state of the jb.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    Agreed! But you have all o these clowns bashing the state of the JB.. The only reason they are bashing is because the have a lack of knowledge when it comes to exploiting an iOS, all they want is a babysitter to JB for them...
    2010-10-10 06:33 PM
    Agreed! But you have all o these clowns bashing the state of the JB.. The only reason they are bashing is because the have a lack of knowledge when it comes to exploiting an iOS, all they want is a babysitter to JB for them...
    Explain what u mean?

2010-10-10 06:36 PM
    Explain what u mean?

Agreed the whole community was done with him and now half of them are praising him and asking for tutorials and everything else. And whocares who released what. If you want a JB, the tools are there. If you want shatter deal with what you have til it's out. Nobody asked half of these people that are waiting on GP to go download limera1n. They did and now have something to say about it's quality? Throw your **** out the window.
    2010-10-10 06:41 PM
    Nicely said.

2010-10-10 06:47 PM
    Lol u have no idea then, best for the end users? He couldve ruined a good bootrom exploit for the END USERS and possibly ruin a chance for a jailbreak for the future iphone.

Only reason anything turned out well is because CDT had to throw in the towel and do the responsible thing and not release their jb.

As i said, he doesnt care about the community, he didnt test the jb before releasing. 4 betas in 12hrs? Hah!

Havent u been following twitter? Have u seen what geohot said to stealthbravo?

He didn't ruin any exploit and he couldn't have since he released first. You're right that no exploit were wasted because CDT didn't release, but that was what Geo was planning. The fact is that CDT insisted on releasing their exploit even though Geo's was the one that made more sense. They wouldn't back down, so he forced them to. There was never a risk of any exploits being lost because only fools would release when another jailbreak was already out. Thankfully the CDT aren't fools and Geo knew that.

About twitter, I don't believe geohot even has a twitter account so not sure what you're referring to.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.
    2010-10-10 06:49 PM
    Thing is that people say he done it fpr the right reason. Yet he said it was shitty and buggy' and also said something about 'why lose the donations?'

Source? @StealthBravo

2010-10-10 06:49 PM
    Given my personal distaste for Geohot, and the consistently high-quality releases coming from the Dev Team, I'll wait for a tool from them.
    Don't confuse the dev team with chronic dev team, they're not the same. Chronic has never released a working jailbreak whereas both the iphone dev team and geohot has.

If geohot wanted whatt was best, he wouldve arranged something with CDT and they couldve worked together and fixed it up before releasing.
    He tried, they refused. So he forced them.
    Last edited by dhamien; 2010-10-10 at 06:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-10-10 06:52 PM
    He didn't ruin any exploit and he couldn't have since he released first. You're right that no exploit were wasted because CDT didn't release, but that was what Geo was planning. The fact is that CDT insisted on releasing their exploit even though Geo's was the one that made more sense. They wouldn't back down, so he forced them to. There was never a risk of any exploits being lost because only fools would release when another jailbreak was already out. Thankfully the CDT aren't fools and Geo knew that.

About twitter, I don't believe geohot even has a twitter account so not sure what you're referring to.
    I like the way you think though, great actually.

And never said he had twitter, he was chatting with stealthbravo and he exploited geohots words.

2010-10-10 06:53 PM
    Don't confuse the dev team with chronic dev team, they're not the same. Chronic has never released a working jailbreak whereas both the iphone dev team and geohot has.

He tried, they refused. So he forced them.
    Yeah im realising he mightve done the wrong thing with the right intention, but if Stealthbravo hasnt decieved us all, what GeoHot said was appauling!

2010-10-10 06:55 PM
    Thing is that people say he done it fpr the right reason. Yet he said it was shitty and buggy' and also said something about 'why lose the donations?'

Source? @StealthBravo

You're right, that looks pretty bad. What ultimately justifies his actions, for me, is that it was what was best for the users. The exploit that works on all devices is worth more now than when the next gen devices are out.

To be fair, Geohot did ask CDT to put his exploit into GP but CDT refused because they didn't want to go over the ETA. I think that was a bad choice by them.
    2010-10-10 06:55 PM
    Maybe so. Maybe shatter could be modified for all idevs by the time iphone 5 is out or something.

Should i eat my own words and try out limera1n then? But if i do, can i just restore to the original with no problems?

2010-10-10 07:02 PM
    Maybe so. Maybe shatter could be modified for all idevs by the time iphone 5 is out or something.

Should i eat my own words and try out limera1n then? But if i do, can i just restore to the original with no problems?

I've run it on my i4 and it works fine. I used the beta4 version.

You can't really mess anything up, since you can always restore, which is also the reason I tried it. I still intend on making myself a custom firmware once the updated pwnagetool is released though. I like the comfort of knowing I always have a CFW I can restore to should I mess up my phone somehow.

As for SHAtter, I hope it'll be made to work for the i5. Would be awesome to have both i4 and i5 jailbroken forever.
    2010-10-10 07:07 PM
    Ok. Im on 4.1 and dont need an unlock. How do i make it ra1n? And why do u need a cfw if u can always just restore?

2010-10-10 07:10 PM
    Ok. Im on 4.1 and dont need an unlock. How do i make it ra1n? And why do u need a cfw if u can always just restore?

Well, it's also that it's from the iphone dev team. I prefer their tools

To make it ra1n, you simply download the program from limera1n.com and run it. Click the 'make it ra1n' button and then follow the instructions. What the instructions are is pretty much just the normal way to put the phone in DFU mode.

After the jailbreak, you'll have a white icon on the phone. Run it and install Cydia, then reboot. Once rebooted, the icon will have turned into the green limera1n icon and Cydia will have been installed.
    2010-10-10 07:18 PM

Download. Plug that baby in and follow on screen instructions. Reboot. Run limera1n and in stall Cydia. Reboot. Good to go.
    2010-10-10 07:18 PM
    Ok thanks. But do i have to install the latest itunes? Do i need itunes open to make it ra1n?

2010-10-10 07:20 PM
    Leave it open once you have plugged your phone in. I am running iTunes 10.0.0.68

ITunes does see your phone go into DFU mode. Ignore. Don't click anything. Just let the phone do it's thing. Cydia will do alot of updating. When Cydia runs akward, just exit and go back into it.
    Last edited by trodais; 2010-10-10 at 07:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-10-10 07:26 PM
    I'm running the latest iTunes. It wasn't running when I used limera1n but it turned on when the phone went into DFU mode so I guess it doesn't really matter whether it's running or not.
    2010-10-10 07:34 PM
    Thanks. I'll try it out, guess I have nothing to lose... Still prefer greenp0ison since they check and test everything to be smooth and non-buggy, and they actually care about the community. either way thanks, and Ive never doubted GeoHot, just dont like his methods and attitude
    2010-10-10 07:56 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD