I've jailbroken iOS 4.1 on my 3Gs. Works fine. Now the question becomes: What apps to keep from Cydia and Rock, and what to trash?

Obviously, My3G is a definite keeper. Maybe themes and such.

But what about Categories? Yes, Apple works different but it does give me folders.

And what about Backgrounder? Can I run Backgrounder in the background? And what's the point?

The experiences of those in the know are much appreciated.
    2010-10-12 01:53 AM
    Backgrounder+multifl0w=true multitask. You'll want the disable multitask tweak from Cydia to disable the native multitask.

SBSettings is a must.

I love the CLASSified HD theme so that's what I'm using for my current theme.

I don't care for categories, I like the native folders.

I use Facebreak to use FaceTime over 3G, works great.

I use 3G unrestricted for YouTube and App Store (it also supports FaceTime but it requires some sort of connection to WIFI like if it's a non working connection but as long as it is connected to something. Thats why I like Facebreak, it just requires wifi to be turned on but no need to be connected).

I like speed so first thing I did was remove language packs besides English and Japanese. My phone was 325MB free now it's about 345 (not a large diff but I mind lol).

I also installed iFile and Safari Download Manager, Frash, mobileterminal, YourTube 2, and psx4all (I love playing final fantasy 7 and 9 on my iP4).

I'm sure there are a ton more must haves from Cydia, but that's what I've done for my newly jb iP4 so far
    2010-10-12 02:05 AM
    hmmm..
    1. Winterboard is a must.
    2. MyWI is a MUST but its bleedy costly. ( allows ur iphone to be a wireless network ) that good that my mate used it in a 3G area and used his xbox to connect to it. or if u got a ipad wireless internet where ever.
    3. 3G unrestrictor.
    4. your tube 2. allows u to download AND Save videos to ur phone.
    5. BiteSMS u will need to add. in cydia this repo.. http://www.bitesms.com/cydia/beta5.0 ( that good i bought it today for a year allows u to quick reply lil pop up boxes go on the site n have a look )
    6. some games... tunein radio app store. amazing local radio stations i listen to every morning in the shower. cut the rope game animoticons - emoji and animations its only 59p allows u to send messages with smileys. angry birds , bejeweled 2, fruit ninja

these are the ones on mine

no point backgrounder as it does it now automaticly and better.
    no point with the other ones as u got folders
    2010-10-12 02:09 AM
    Angry Birds for the win
    2010-10-12 02:10 AM
    no
    best app is iLocalis
    gives u a 10 day trail to test it and boy is it amazing.
    It tracks ur iphone every 15 min. u can remotely lock it. you can send messages or play upto 30 secs of audio playback. so if ur phone gets stolen u know wht to do. lock it. then locate it then go beat the daylights out of them..
    2010-10-12 02:37 AM
    The only problem now is there is no Disable Multitask on 4.1 from Cydia.
    2010-10-12 02:40 AM
    Oh...but I just used it

Can't remember what I did cuz I just switched back to using the native multitask cuz I'm used to it by now. Mightve been for 4.0 or something but it worked fine on 4.1 for me
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2010-10-12 at 02:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-10-12 02:43 AM
    Really, mine goes into safe mode on every disable Multitask I can think of, whether is winterboard trigger or permanent disable multitask.
    2010-10-12 02:46 AM
    Dunno. It worked prefect for me. No crashes or safe mode. I will try to find it again but all I know is it was fine for me.

Can't find it lol. All I know is it was called Disable Multitask iOS4.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2010-10-12 at 02:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-10-12 02:59 AM
    You have to add a repo..LOL

If you change the Multiflow trigger from Double Prees to Single Press, when you do a double press, you will still see the Native Multitask is there, so much hassle have to close each and everyone that you open, otherwise it sucks up battery and memory.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-10-12 at 03:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-10-12 03:03 AM
    I know what repo, I just don't wanna say

I deleted it for a reason. It will disable the multitask leaving double-click to default to phone favorites.

But that's something we don't discuss here on MMi, isn't it?
    2010-10-12 03:11 AM
    Disable Multitask is fine but anyone wants it , they have to find it themselves. Anyway, it is not working on 4.1
    2010-10-12 03:27 AM
    so far i only have quicklock 2 sbsettings and androidlock xt waiting for folderenhancer to get an update so i can buy it for 99 cents before november
    2010-10-12 03:31 AM
    Yeah, wondering why they have not come up with the 1.1 version for 4.1 yet. I am waiting to purchase it too.
    2010-10-12 04:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD