is your wifi not working properly after running limera1n official release? (not beta)
    if so please post your experience here.

i am running 4.1 on iphone 4. i had no problems with my wifi on my phone prior to using limera1n and it cannot connect after running limera1n. this is not a network problem as all my other computers and phone are still on it and this has been going on since yesterday. my phone cannot connect to my home network and the coverage is flaky when trying to connect to 2 other networks, basically not connecting to them at all. what will happen is i will select a wifi network to connect to. then it will hang on the 3g logo for a minute, then it will switch to the wifi signal logo meaning it is connected, but it will not be connected, and if i try to do anything requiring a connection it will not work and the phone will tell me via error message that i am not connected to the internet even though it says it is in settings and with the logo.

please post here ONLY if you are having wifi problems after running limera1n. NOT if you are NOT having problems and NOT if you were having problems before. i want to find the cause of this and i don't want this thread getting clogged with other replies.

thank you
    Last edited by epignosis567; 2010-10-13 at 12:02 AM.
    2010-10-12 11:58 PM
    Yes, my 3gs' wifi is definitely a bit crap after updating to 4.1 & jailbreaking with limera1n. It takes ages to decide to connect, staying on edge/3g far longer than it needs to. Sometimes it just craps out after a few mins use. Other times, a page will hang for ages before loading. I had zero problems on 4.0.1!

I don't know if it's os4.1 or limera1n that's the problem, as they were both done at the same time for me.

I've just uninstalled sbsettings and so far it seems a little better. Will keep testing.

Do you have sbsettings or any other cydia apps that could affect wifi?
    2010-10-13 05:49 PM
    my wifi has been working flawlessly since I jailbroke. I used limera1n RC1
    2010-10-13 06:20 PM
    Not just limerain. It has to have something to do with 4.1. I jailbroke using sn0wbreeze and my WiFi is flaky now, never had problems in the past. After the update nothing but problems with Cydia (host unreachable, timed out etc) and app store apps wait and wait and wait.

So I don't know if its limerain or just 4.1
    2010-10-13 06:51 PM
    Mines been a bit flaky too in the not sure when to switch to a better wifi network and sluggish at times to switch between 3G/Wifi.

On the off chance its something in my itunes retore of the wifi settings thats incompatible between JB 4.0.1 (jailbreakme) which I was on before and 4.1 now I've used the SETTINGS -> RESET NETWORK SETTINGS option, have re-entered my home wifi details and will do the work ones tomorrow and see if fresh settings for the network help.

So far on the home wifi it seems better but at work there's 3 wifi's and weak 3G where I sit so tomorrow will be the proper test if thats all thats needed.
    Last edited by Moi1970; 2010-10-13 at 07:18 PM.
    2010-10-13 07:16 PM
    Mines been a bit flaky too in the not sure when to switch to a better wifi network and sluggish at times to switch between 3G/Wifi.

On the off chance its something in my itunes retore of the wifi settings thats incompatible between JB 4.0.1 (jailbreakme) which I was on before and 4.1 now I've used the SETTINGS -> RESET NETWORK SETTINGS option, have re-entered my home wifi details and will do the work ones tomorrow and see if fresh settings for the network help.

So far on the home wifi it seems better but at work there's 3 wifi's and weak 3G where I sit so tomorrow will be the proper test if thats all thats needed.
    Seems better? Are you able to dl anything without host connect issues/timed out. I will try this if you think its made a huge difference. My wifi works but it will not dl things on cydia without timed out/ host connections errors about 3-6 times. every now and then I get lucky and it will dl an app.
    2010-10-13 07:24 PM
    could be a problem with sn0wbreeze...
    2010-10-13 07:34 PM
    could be a problem with sn0wbreeze...
    ...except I used limera1n...

Ok:

Removed sbsettings = crap
    reset network settings = crap, possibly worse.
    used extremely vulgar language = felt better, no change to wifi.
    updated router firmware = joy!

Interesting...
    Last edited by m0isty; 2010-10-13 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-10-13 08:38 PM
    yes I've had the same problem that my 3G and WiFi were slowing down extremly after Jailbreaking with Limera1n on the iPhone4 with iOS 4.1.
    I just restored to iOS 4.1, I hope this'll do the trick, though my carrier still displays, what I've entered to Make it Mine
    2010-10-13 09:41 PM
    ...except I used limera1n...

Ok:

Removed sbsettings = crap
    reset network settings = crap, possibly worse.
    used extremely vulgar language = felt better, no change to wifi.
    updated router firmware = joy!

Interesting...
    DING! That's it. Didnt even think of that but mine is a few years old and I havent updated anything with it. Problem is Linksys will charge me ungodly ammounts to speak to someone I can't understand to try and help me update it. Anyone know about these things? And where to find firmware updates for them?
    2010-10-13 09:58 PM
    Seems better? Are you able to dl anything without host connect issues/timed out. I will try this if you think its made a huge difference. My wifi works but it will not dl things on cydia without timed out/ host connections errors about 3-6 times. every now and then I get lucky and it will dl an app.
    tested Cydia earlier on after the network reset and just now and its workign fine. I had problems with Cydia today too similar with timeout/host issues but I'd put that down to Cydia possibly being a bit overwhelmed again but maybe it was my side and crappy wifi settings.

You may as well try it unless you have quite a few wifi settings stored on it as it takes seconds to re-enter wpa/wep keys (or it does it you make em rememberable)
    2010-10-13 11:55 PM
    tested Cydia earlier on after the network reset and just now and its workign fine. I had problems with Cydia today too similar with timeout/host issues but I'd put that down to Cydia possibly being a bit overwhelmed again but maybe it was my side and crappy wifi settings.

You may as well try it unless you have quite a few wifi settings stored on it as it takes seconds to re-enter wpa/wep keys (or it does it you make em rememberable)
    Well I have a really old Linksys router. I tried to update the firmware today and it wont work... Probably because the FW update on linsys' site is OLD!! and they haven't updated it in years! Time to upgrade my router I believe....
    2010-10-14 01:19 AM
    I had 4.1 since it launched and NEVER had wifi issues.

I opened cydia and did the essential updates and it rebooted afterwards and now I'm at a constant 2 bars for wifi and an intermittent 3. I used the Speedtest app and 1 missing bar take away nearly 2mb's.

It's definitely not 4.1 for anyone wondering that. Hopefully this bug gets fixed.

Edit-- oddly enough, if I just move the phone 2 feet closer in the direction of where the router is, I quickly get 3 bars. Which solves nothing. Hahaha
    Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    2010-10-14 02:26 AM
    Ok, I unplugged my router for 5 minutes and now it's perfect again. Don't know if anyone else cares to try it.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    2010-10-14 03:25 AM
    NOTHING was wrong, I'm just an idiot It was Cydia. Works with flying colors now. They must have just had some issues at the same time I was JB and making sure everything worked.
    2010-10-14 06:01 PM
    Hmm, when I say fixed...

I made the mistake of trying "reset network settings" while trying to fix this. Now it reboots twice before actually managing to start up! It takes FOREVER (a full five mins)! At least it's not a proper bootloop I suppose...

Anything I can try before restore & jailbreak?

Edit:

In case anyone has the same problem with stupidly long boot times, I tracked the problem down to iphonedelivery beta 3.6.8
    Last edited by m0isty; 2010-10-15 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-10-15 04:01 PM
    Just upgraded to mywi 4.8.3. I still have the same problem: I keep my wifi setting to off when not in use, to save battery power. After I am done with mywi (any version), it turns on my wifi, and I ahve to remember to shut it off again after using mywi. I am still using my 3gs 3.1.3 jb new bootrom. Is the current version of mywi (4.8.3) compatible with ios 4.1?
    2010-10-15 05:55 PM
    I had a 3.1.2 with mywi and everything worked flawlessly. I upgrade to 4.1 and then limerain
    I then bought the new mywi 4.0 and now my phone will not even try to connect to wifi. Tried two differant wifi's that just two days ago I was rock solid on
    I upgraded to 4.1 for some small Improvements and lost major functions.
    Any help would be appreciated. It will not even show available wifi's
    2010-10-18 01:42 AM
    try the reset network settings option
    2010-10-18 05:50 PM
    try the reset network settings option
    DON'T do this if your unlocked
    2010-10-18 06:07 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD