User Tag List

How to Jailbreak Firmware 4.1 iPhone 3GS/4, iPad, iPod Touch 3G/4G with greenpois0n

Has anyone confirmed that this works?

Are SHSH blobs needed? Does it matter what bootrom you have (new or old)?
    2010-10-13 02:06 AM
    Its a new bootrom exploit, it works. Just upgrade to 4.1 first. Beware if you need to unlock though 4.1 has a baseband update.
    This post infers no rights and is provided as is.

Click here to follow me on twitter
    2010-10-13 02:11 AM
    What do you mean unlock? I'm upgraded to 4.1. Which method should I use? greenpoison or limerain?

Isn't it just run the program and hit the button and youre JB'd?

My phone is a JB virgin. Completely untouched.

I have a new bootrom and as far as I can tell there's not much support for the new bootrom. Where can I find out if it works for the new one?

Can you explain plz or direct me to a guide? I'm somewhat of an iPhone hacking nub. I know the guide to do it is on the news section, but there's not much there in terms of what specs are needed. It just basically says download the program and run it once your phone is in DFU mode.

I need to know:
    will it work for the new bootrom
    are SHSH blobs needed? (not that there are any for 4.1 as far as I can tell)

Basically, once I'm upgraded to 4.1, can I just run greenpoison and be JB'd?
    Last edited by apennismightier; 2010-10-13 at 02:19 AM.
    2010-10-13 02:14 AM
    Don't worry about baseband on 3GS-only i4.

You can use limerain or greenpoison now. You must jailbreak first before you can unlock. Before you do any of that--you need to download tinyumbrella and backup your shsh to computer and that way you have it on CPU and in cydia. It makes a reference to cydia once you back up on computer.

Also remember-both jb methods are available only for a PC as of now (unless that has changed). GP has a MAC button but it doesn't work yet.

Yes, there are tons of jb gurus here and tons of good Qs asked.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    2010-10-13 04:43 AM
    Don't worry about baseband on 3GS-only i4.

You can use limerain or greenpoison now. You must jailbreak first before you can unlock. Before you do any of that--you need to download tinyumbrella and backup your shsh to computer and that way you have it on CPU and in cydia. It makes a reference to cydia once you back up on computer.

Also remember-both jb methods are available only for a PC as of now (unless that has changed). GP has a MAC button but it doesn't work yet.

Yes, there are tons of jb gurus here and tons of good Qs asked.

Why would you say don't worry about the baseband?
    2010-10-13 01:45 PM
    Why would you say don't worry about the baseband?

The OP doesn't mention anywhere in his post about unlocking. Only jb'ing.

EDIT: I see why you quoted me saying baseband: I meant unlock, not baseband. He never mentioned unlocking in his posts and actually questioned what an unlock is.

Sounded like he strictly was wanting to know what/how LR/GP is and does. Sorry for the confusion.

2010-10-13 02:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD