User Tag List

Hey guys,

I recently jaibroke my iPhone 3Gs with Greenpois0n and was immediately faced with problems. The biggest one is that my phone's wi-fi connectivity was totally screwed, and could not connect to any of my wireless routers at home.

I tried resetting the network, and carefully entering the passwords for each router, which always fails to connect. Sometimes, there would be a tick showing that I'm connecting, but youTube wouldn't even work for me.

Also, instantly after I jailbroke with Greenpois0n, my signalbar disappeared and went to 'No Service', with an occasional 1 bar. Cydia became very laggy and crashed a lot of times.

Is this happening to anyone else? And should I just use limera1n instead?
    2010-10-13 11:59 AM
    i havnt used greenpois0n, but limera1n worked like a charm for my iphone 4 and ipad. i would highly recommend it
    2010-10-13 01:35 PM
    same here limera1n has worked for me too iphone4.
    2010-10-13 07:17 PM
    I just tried limera1n but again, the wifi has problems. Can't connect to any of my wireless routers.

The phone signal is better though, which is a relief. I just have to figure out how to connect with wifi =/
    2010-10-14 08:46 AM
    Try resseting the network settings. I had some similar problems a while aga with my 3gs and reseting worked..
    2010-10-14 09:37 AM
    I just tried limera1n but again, the wifi has problems. Can't connect to any of my wireless routers.

The phone signal is better though, which is a relief. I just have to figure out how to connect with wifi =/
    Did you remember to restore in between jailbreaks? You should also let iTunes activate the phone before jailbreaking if you have an official carrier.

After the restore, try setting up as new and see if wifi works before jailbreaking.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.
    2010-10-14 02:43 PM
    I also noticed something after I jailbroke with Greenpois0n. Every time I went to a place with at&t Wi-Fi, I was ALWAYS forced to log in if the Wi-Fi was free (Starbucks, McDonald's, Barnes & Noble). iOS would NEVER automatically log me in. Then I went to a location where I would normally have to pay (an Ohio Turnpike service plaza). Before, I could use the Wi-Fi for free, because iOS would automatically connect me. And if not, I would get the page for iPhone users. But since using Greenpois0n, I found that when I tried to use Wi-Fi at the turnpike, it kept wanting me to pay to use it. Yes, I agree with xfallingstar that Greenpois0n totally screws up the Wi-Fi. While I didn't get the connectivity issues he had (I have an iPhone 4 running iOS 4.1), I had big issues of my own. I restored to stock firmware, so I think I'll be able to connect like before. Maybe at some point, I'll take a change and try the new PWNage Tool and see if the iPhone Dev Team's application is any better.
    2010-10-24 05:18 PM
    Limera1n worked well! not a single issue whatsoever even from his beta JBs
    2010-10-24 08:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD