hello there.
    first of all sory for my bad english.

i have a brand new iphone 3Gs 16Gb official unlocked one.

i had the first version 3.0.x dnt know really, but it crashed after jailbreack and some apps installed, had to upgrade, so i had put in the 4.0.1 so i can jailbreak again.

now, i had so much stuf in it all that i want and i lost everithing, i installed one ap that crashe the phone and i turned it off, it doesnt start no mor, stays in the apple image thinking ans stops, reboot and do the same thind.

i already tried to put again the 4.0.1 and it say cannot restore the iphone. an uknown error ocorred (1394 i think, cannot remenber right now) i look over net and saw something abaout the error yesterday that say thar have to downgrade...maybe i make something wrong and it ah initiate the 4.1 version dnt know.

i need some help just to make it funcional whith a jailbrreakable firmware, justo for the apps not to unlock, can some one help me please????
    i really apreciate the help.
    2010-10-14 01:43 PM
    since it is new the only firmware you will be able to restore to is 4.1, which is fine since at this point you can use either limera1n or greenpois0n to jailbreak and start over fresh, just be careful what you install since there a lot of apps that haven't been updated to work with 4.1....good luck
    2010-10-14 03:57 PM
    ok thanks, at least i can jailbrack it
    but i ask again, i bought it whith the 3.0.3 version and had already 4.0.1 working, cant i downgrade after put 4.1?? im afraid to dont find all apps ia want, and i dont know how to jailbreake whith those ones...but ill read something about it, im new in ipohne.
    I had nokias symbian, passed to windows mobile, now here i really like this beautys, IPHONE RULS

there are any simple solution to put again 4.0.1 firmware?
    thanks
    2010-10-14 10:57 PM
    which shsh's do you have on file with cydia?
    2010-10-14 11:06 PM
    You neeed 4.0.1 shsh blogs to downgrade.

Download Tiny Umbrella latest version.
    Run TU
    Click Adv Tab
    Device/Version : Select 3gs 4.0.1 shsh blogs
    Request : Cydia
    Click Save shsh
    Wait for Answer.. it should be a Yes, if it says you are too late, then you can't.
    Now put your 3gs into DFU mode
    Click Start Tss Server
    Do the Shift + Restore to 4.0.1 ipsw
    You should be able to restore.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-10-14 at 11:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-10-14 11:11 PM
    i read about the ssh thind and tiny unbrella like you dayd, but i had to bachup first those files, for my bad, the phone were already dead when i saw that and dont had bachup before...if i undstand that right, i had to do thar before right?

well now i just want to understand a litle of iphone.

thaks to all from this forum,
    oh i had now the 4.1 version installed, its ok, i jailbreake whith the green poison, its simple and fast

Thaks
    Obrigado (in portguese) ;D
    2010-10-16 02:40 AM
    Great, you got it working, congrats.
    2010-10-16 02:50 AM
    yes, 2 days whithout iphone, but thats ok
    now its done

whith windows mobile i done everything i wanted, whith this im looking about it yet

luky mine its unlocked officialy, or else i was done...lol
    i think i put one time updating directly by itunes but i dont started the upgrade to 4.1, but it has detected a new firmware and dnt let me upgrade again to 4.0.1, i think its becouse of that...
    its big roblem was that it has stoped at apple image...

well thaks to you i have it working.
    wifi is a litle bad in it i thing.
    there are something i can do to fix better wifi?
    2010-10-16 07:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD