User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which version are you on?

Voters
493. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lose my mods and apps? No Way! I'm sticking with 1.0.2

264 53.55%
  • I'm hopin' someone finds a jailbreak soon, 'til then I'm stuck on 1.1.1

136 27.59%
  • Runnin 1.1.1, modded and lovin it!

93 18.86%
    Well, I just purchased (2) iPhones yesterday. The sales azzhat told me to get my own custom ringtones to load via iTunes and to get Flash working in Safari, I had to upgrade the phone to the latest.

Well, not knowing any better, I did just that on both phones and wahla. I cannot upload my custom ringtones (which I mix myself from my own purchased music library) and Flash is not supported in Safari yet.

So my mostly flash driven website is useless over the iPhone.

Knew I should have done some research rather than rely on a bunch of 'on commission' azzhats at the AT&T store.

So I am patiently awaiting a proven, simple 1.1.1 Jailbreak software release.

Other than that, the iPhone rocks!
    Last edited by Delmustator; 2007-10-15 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Update
    2007-10-15 03:55 PM
    I upraded and there are a couple little Kinks i cant figure out.....Summerboard messes up on me, my mp3 ringtones are not working and some customize things like battery and some sounds dont work......not to mention you lose some space with the installer and start off with like 45MB.....

Let me know what you guys think or find out or if ya have questions hit me up!..

Good luck
    2007-10-16 03:55 AM
    Praise the devs for getting the 1.1.1 jailbreak out! Now I have the best of everything!

I upraded and there are a couple little Kinks i cant figure out.....Summerboard messes up on me, my mp3 ringtones are not working and some customize things like battery and some sounds dont work......not to mention you lose some space with the installer and start off with like 45MB.....

Let me know what you guys think or find out or if ya have questions hit me up!..

Good luck
    The new firmware is like 50mbs bigger then 1.0.2, which leaves you only around 50mbs or less for apps now. I think some have figured out ways to get around this. Check the other posts.
    Last edited by Gamunda; 2007-10-19 at 04:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2007-10-19 04:06 AM
    I am on 1.1.1 for 2 days now. unlocked, summerboard, games, apps,.....everythin fine!!
    I'm loving it!
    Signature? Why?
    2007-10-22 03:40 PM
    I bit the bullet and updated last night and got all my apps on 1.1.1

It worked seamlessly using the touchfree program. I am a legit AT&T subscriber tho.
    2007-10-23 08:28 PM
    Used the touchfree method finally, 2 days ago. Was very easy. Should have done it sooner.
    2007-10-27 12:00 PM
    Runnin 1.1.1 and lovin it.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews
    2007-10-29 12:52 AM
    Ran 1.1.1 for a few days. For some reason my reception was worse. Used iBrickr to downgrade and its OK again. Strange, because the baseband wasn't touched by iBrickr.
    2007-10-29 02:15 AM
    Used the unlock.app to unlock 1.0.2 a month or so ago - and revirginized with the elite method a few days ago used carnaval and went to 1.1.1 with anysim my phone is the same as before jailbroken unlocked with same modded files custom batt and carrier and others, summerboard , customize and others. The only thing I had problems was with the edge settings blanking out on reboots but found out to just manually put in the apn settings into the plist and everything has been peachy since. And I very rarely buy any apps but iphoneringtonemaker was a good buy and all my custom ringtones work perfectly again screw editing files to add ringtones. Actually for some reason it didnt get jailbroken when I ran carnaval (wierd) but since installer was there I just installed as normal then I opened iphonebrowser yesterday only to find a message that my phone wasnt jailbroken, so I fired up touchfree went through the first 2 steps and closed it, restarted fired up iphonebrowser and bam it was jailbroken.

I like the few new features in 1.1.1 and am glad I updated the FW and anyone who is thinking about doing it should just read up and go for it and I went through many errors like error 1 , 1013 , 1604 , 1603 along the way and a couple others, and still never messed anything up. And believe me I tried a shitload of methods posted here and on hackint0sh but in the long run it was the elite method and carnaval that fixed it all so my personal recc would be to say use those 2 methods to save yourself the time of trying others and stick with trusted methods and I cant comment on touchfree as I only used it to jailbreak the phone after the fact.
    Last edited by JokerX; 2007-10-29 at 04:16 AM.
    8GB iPhone 1.0.2 Unlocked - Revirginized - Then 1.1.1 Jailbroken and Unlocked (Gone Bad - Traded In)

8GB iPhone 1.1.1 OTB JB - Unlocked - Restored to 1.1.3 JB and Unlocked (SOLD)

16GB iPhone 1.1.4 OTB JB / Activated / Unlocked - With iPlus2.0b (Current)

5000 iPhone wallpapers click here]
    2007-10-29 04:02 AM
    I just virginized, upgraded, and unlocked from 1.0.2 today actually. It was really easy, and didnt take very long. Resyncing all my **** back onto the phone was lame though, and make sure you backup your pictures, Im glad I did.

I used the following guides, they are easy to follow.
    Virginize 1.0.2
    http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=13170
    Unlock 1.1.1
    http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=13698

First time I had ever unlocked or done anything to the phone really, I got it off ebay unlocked.

1.1.1 is worth the trouble from what Ive seen thus far, I like the new springboard, and especially the Ipod controls by dbl clicking the home button.

Not sure what Ive lost in the way of customization just yet, so the jury is still out on it being totally worth it.
    2007-10-29 04:08 AM
    1. I virginized my hardware unlocked iPhone 1.0.2
    2. Fresh Restored to 1.1.1
    3. Jailbreak with CARNAVAL
    4. Unlocked with anySIM 1.1

So nothing to worry about updates firmware to 1.1.1. I just did my on 28 October, 2007. It's took me about 1 hour or less. No problems encountered whatsoever. Did you update your iPhone yet?
    2007-10-29 04:45 AM
    the headset volume increase and changeable sms alert sounds are more than worth it.
    2007-10-30 02:16 AM
    guess i might have to upgrade my fw then....
    2007-10-30 04:54 PM
    buddy just got a brand new iphone 2 days ago, installed appsnapp in safari and loaded summerboard,iswap,mobilefinder,and a few themes . phone worked for 1 day them freaked and is bricked,
    hes sick , dont have a clue what went wrong , im staying with 1.0.2 . mine runs flawless....
    2007-10-30 09:10 PM
    Louder speakerphone made me change over, and yes, it is louder.

Running 1.1.1 with no problems

*Did lose all my photos though
    2007-11-04 02:35 AM
    I had a problem with 1.1.1 after a week. The phone just crashed for no reason and wouldn't start correctly after that. I did a restore to 1.1.1 and used apptap again and everything has been fine since. Though I feel feel 1.0.2 was better, 1.1.1 is necessary if you want to use any of the newer apps. The benefits of 1.1.1 are minimal. The volume fix is minuscule and the double tap space is not such a big deal either.
    2007-11-05 11:49 AM
    hi,

i bought an iPhone 1.02 already unlocked and jailbreaked.
    I don't know the app the seller unlocked it with.
    I found an application on the Phone called unlock.
    If i start it it shows me "All files found. Ready to go. Press Start."
    Haven't start it yet.

Now i want to update it to 1.1.1.
    Do i have to verginize it?
    I am a noob with unlocking. What do i have to do without bricking it?
    I dont know if the "seller" used unlock or Anysim or,or....

If there are german people to help me, please help.

My english is very bad.

Thank you

btw: i have a windows PC running Win XP Prof.

Alex
    Last edited by Netzphantom; 2007-11-05 at 12:51 PM.
    2007-11-05 12:40 PM
    I just upgraded to 1.1.1 on Thursday, right before the new FW was released. LOL! Anyways, I sort of miss my old FW because back then, I used ibrickr for practically everything. Now I have to use WinSCP, which require WiFi.
    2007-11-11 03:36 AM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD