Hi..
    I have a 3gs, 16 gb, with software 3.1.2.
    Its always been jailbroken with blackrain. So, I want to upgrade it to 4.0 so it can be still unlocked, so it gives me an error with itunes, error 3194. Ive tried with snowbreeze and ireb, and its gets stuck on waiting for Ibbs or something like that. With redsnow, it loads everything, reboots, and goes into recovery mode again and nothing happens. The only way of getting rid of recovery is doing blackrain and waiting on the reboot and it will load normally. Ive tried to shift restore with older versions of itunes, and still, nothing. What should I be doing wrong?
    Thanks in advance.
    2010-10-18 06:55 PM
    do you have modified host files? If you do I think you get that error
    2010-10-18 07:40 PM
    I do have the hosts file modified, because on most places, it says that u need it modified... any other ideas on what could it be? Im using the apple IPSW, i dont undestand why it would cause problems...
    Thanks!
    2010-10-18 07:44 PM
    I want you to check if you have 4.0.1 shsh blogs with Cydia
    Download tiny umbrella . if you are now in recovery , use kick out of recovery from TU.
    Once your iphone is in Home Screen , plug your iphone in.
    Select 3gs 4.0.1 shsh blogs
    Click save shsh.
    Wait, if it says Yes, then you can restore to 4.1, if too late then you can't
    If yes, start tss server
    and do the Shift + Restore to 4.0.1
    2010-10-18 09:30 PM
    how would I have the shsh files, if I have never updated to IO v4, all ive ever had is os 3.1.2.. ?

Is there a way I can simply shift click and upgrade?
    Thanks!
    2010-10-18 10:00 PM
    If you have clicked make my life easier in the very begninnig, all your future shsh blogs will be saved by Cydia eventhough you have not restored to 4.xx yet.
    2010-10-18 10:03 PM
    ok, ill try that, now, the only way it wont boot back and forth into recovery, is doing the blackrain deal, basically, there is not way I can get it to the main screen without tethering with blackrain ... is there a way I can get rid of this? Its weird that the phone only comes out of recovery if I do the blackrain tethering?
    Thanks once again.
    Last edited by Jaibocr; 2010-10-18 at 10:11 PM.
    2010-10-18 10:06 PM
    You have a tethered jailbreak, after storing your shsh blogs in the TU , Start your tss server,do a shift + Restore to 4.0.1 to see how it goes. Then put your sim card to activate and go for jailbreakme.
    2010-10-18 10:12 PM
    you have a tethered jailbreak (new bootrom 3GS), unless you have 4.0 or 4.0.1 shsh's as yeow mentioned and can update to that then you will have to wait for 4.2 and the accompanying jailbreak/unlock
    2010-10-18 10:12 PM
    ok, so basically when I press make my life easier on the first launch, it saves all the shsh files... regardless of the OS i have? Just making sure, thanks!
    2010-10-18 10:35 PM
    Exactly.
    2010-10-18 11:26 PM
    you have a tethered jailbreak (new bootrom 3GS), unless you have 4.0 or 4.0.1 shsh's as yeow mentioned and can update to that then you will have to wait for 4.2 and the accompanying jailbreak/unlock
    Not necessarily, PwnageTool w/ limera1n exploit should be out any day now and that supports new bootrom 3GS for custom firmware restore to 4.1
    2010-10-18 11:56 PM
    Not necessarily, PwnageTool w/ limera1n exploit should be out any day now and that supports new bootrom 3GS for custom firmware restore to 4.1
    thanks for the info, I wasn't aware of that, guess I better catch up on my reading
    2010-10-19 12:21 AM
    Im trying to exit recovery mode, and it will reboot, and come back up. Ive tried blackrain, and it gets stuck, and no, the SHSH files where not saved. I dont get the option to upgrade, only restore...
    Iphone wont even come to the main screen now.
    Thanks!
    2010-10-19 03:11 AM
    restore is what you what you want to do, not upgrade, the newest version of tiny umbrella will automatically get all the available shsh's for your phone, download it and see which shsh's you have, if the phone is in recovery mode you might have to manually enter the ecid number if tiny doesn't recognize the phone
    2010-10-19 04:55 AM
    So, i tried tiny umbrella and the SHSH files where not saved. Tried even restoring to 4.1, directly and either getting, the 3194 error, or the 3002. Ive tried everything, and it simply wont come out of restore mode. What can be going on? Basically, i cant get the phone to start. before, u could only do it with blackrain, now,u get the image, and stays forever in the gehot image... and after like 10 minutes, it reboots, and goes into restore mode too. I have the host file changed. Ive tried everything.. if u kick out of recovery with TU, it will come back up. The phone boots, wait like 2 seconds after the apple logo shows up, and it will go to recovery. What can I do??
    Thanks in advance.
    2010-10-19 03:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD