Hello dear iusers,

As a person who`s first experience with an iproduct the iPhone4 is I have a question about jailbreaking and its safety.

I am not a stranger to modding and neither to IT therms.

Unfortunaly I coulden`t find a clear answer on the net about my question, which is:

What is the safest way to use a jailbreak without harming your device?

If I only use jailbreaking to try out my selfmade apps, or to transfer music,games etc. But yesterday I tried out a theme and it messed up springboard (unfortunatly own mistake I was in a hurry).

So the question once more?

IS a jailbreak for use with filetransfer the most safest mode to work on your iphone? And is theming a more dangerous procedure?

I look forward to some great answers.

Thank you, have a nice day.

Eric
    2010-10-21 12:33 PM
    C`mon people,

Out of all the 165 members who visited this thread not one of them knows the question or at least leaves a reply?

A little rude not to help someone in need.
    2010-10-23 11:52 AM
    I've never heard of a theme screwing your phone up and if it did you would just uninstall it.
    And yes I think a jb with file transfer is the safest and best way to work on your phone (always change your root password)
    2010-10-23 12:02 PM
    Aiight thanks for your answer.. appreciate it alot.

Peace
    2010-10-23 01:20 PM
    Nothing can really go wrong with your phone with any jailbreak tool. The worst that can happen is that you'll need to restore. So, don't worry be happy
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.
    2010-10-23 11:14 PM
    I've been jailbreaking from the very beginning and I've yet to brick a phone. It's safe. Theming is probably the safest thing to do. Where you run into trouble is when you have conflicting mobile substrates. At worse though it puts you in safe mode but you can still run Cydia and uninstall the mobile substrate.
    2010-10-23 11:43 PM
    you know why I ask you that guys?

Because just yesterday again I managed to lose 2 of my icons, coulden`t find them anywhere.

Iplayed around for a while and then I got them back, bcuz of infinidock and infiniboard needed for a windows phone 7 theme. I was just playing around to get to know the ios better since I always worked with android and wm. But still for someone like me it`s still dangerous to play with those themes bcuz you could lose your icons for ever if you dont write all steps down how you managed to lose them.

My phone icon got all the way down on the screen where you could not even scroll to, got it back trough putting other icons that I could see on another page and then change the infinidock settings I think.

Other than that, I find it still difficult to install themes like windows phone or windows vista or osx like lopeard (which is not made for ios 4).

Thanx again for your time

Peace
    2010-10-24 05:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD