just got a iphone 4 running 4.0.2

it was used.
    still has the persons photos and videos on it
    well i cant reset it because its asking for their password

its never been jailbroken or unlocked so no blobs on cydia

so how can i clean this thing out without updating.

please note, phone is not password protected. only when you go into the reset menu does it want a security password

thanks all ,

quick reply please
    Last edited by foreveraudio; 2010-10-22 at 03:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-10-22 03:16 AM
    Correct me if I'm wrong, can't u just connect it to a Mac and use iPhoto to get the pics off

or

use the iPhone application that allows you to see SMS, notes, voicemail, pics, videos, etc. I forget the name of it dangit
    2010-10-22 03:27 AM
    i can do anything on the phone, the only reason why i wanna whipe it clean is because i dont want it saying jessicas pink phone, lol and all that ,
    im thinking i could always jailbreak it , have cydia save my shsh then restore it back with tiny and that should set it up like new again am i right everyone or is their another way of doing this ??
    2010-10-22 03:38 AM
    Just right click on that name in itunes. And u can change it
    2010-10-22 04:42 AM
    actually cant i upgrade it to 4.1 without upgrading the baseband ?
    if so does someone have the instructions
    actually i found the instructions, is there any stipulations , like phone needs to be jb already or blobs need to be saved or anything to do it ?
    Last edited by foreveraudio; 2010-10-22 at 04:55 AM.
    2010-10-22 04:50 AM
    download the 4.1 ipsw, open tinyumbrella, save your 4.1 shsh's, start the TSS server, open iTunes and click shift+restore (pc) or option+restore (mac) and point iTunes at your 4.1 ipsw, when the restore is almost complete it will give you a 1004 error, use tinyumbrella to kick the device out of recovery, you will be on 4.1 with the 1.59.00 baseband, use greenpois0n to jailbreak and install ultrasn0w from cydia to unlock if needed
    2010-10-22 05:52 AM
    download the 4.1 ipsw, open tinyumbrella, save your 4.1 shsh's, start the TSS server, open iTunes and click shift+restore (pc) or option+restore (mac) and point iTunes at your 4.1 ipsw, when the restore is almost complete it will give you a 1004 error, use tinyumbrella to kick the device out of recovery, you will be on 4.1 with the 1.59.00 baseband, use greenpois0n to jailbreak and install ultrasn0w from cydia to unlock if needed
    The new tiny umbrella I think has a bug cause I'm on 4.1 3GS but I can't save my shsh but cydia says at the bottom that my shsh 4.1 are saved but tiny umbrella only says 4.0 and 4.0.1
    2010-10-22 05:54 AM
    what version are you using? also cydia displays saved shsh's at the top not the bottom, for now saurik has disabled the shsh checking feature in cydia because if the new jailbreaks (causes massive server overload with all the new jailbreakers hammering the servers) so you will not see it displayed at this time on the cydia home screen
    Last edited by j3st3r; 2010-10-22 at 06:02 AM.
    2010-10-22 05:57 AM
    The new tiny umbrella I think has a bug cause I'm on 4.1 3GS but I can't save my shsh but cydia says at the bottom that my shsh 4.1 are saved but tiny umbrella only says 4.0 and 4.0.1
    If TU says you only have 4.0 and 4.0.1, it is because you haven't asked TU to save 4.1 locally. I have 3.1 all the way to 4.1 shsh blogs. The blogs are stored in .shsh folder.
    2010-10-22 06:03 AM
    what version are you using? also cydia displays saved shsh's at the top not the bottom, for now saurik has disabled the shsh checking feature in cydia because if the new jailbreaks (causes massive server overload with all the new jailbreakers hammering the servers) so you will not see it displayed at this time on the cydia home screen
    Check the picture, idk if this is saying hey I see you on 4.1 but it's not saved or your pm 4.1 and saved 3GS 16gig new boot rom
    But yeah tinyumbrella new has a bug, but I had to update it cause the old one could not see above 4.0.2
    Attached Thumbnails question about iphone 4 restore ?-imageuploadedbymodmyi.jpg  
    2010-10-22 06:37 AM
    Whenever there is a new release, TU will have a new version for you to update to cater for the new firmware. In fact the latest TU will advise you of a new update is available.
    2010-10-22 06:41 AM
    Check the picture, idk if this is saying hey I see you on 4.1 but it's not saved or your pm 4.1 and saved 3GS 16gig new boot rom
    But yeah tinyumbrella new has a bug, but I had to update it cause the old one could not see above 4.0.2
    what you are seeing at the bottom is which device you have, which firmware it is currently on, and which version of cydia you have installed
    2010-10-22 08:26 AM
    Well that's wierd, 2 days ago it had a bug, I did not update it but today it works fine
    2010-10-22 04:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD