I upgraded to 4.1 and jb with redsnow 9.6 everything's great.. except my ipod doesn't seem to work in my car when i plug it in the docking station, it did the first couple of times, i would get a message saying that i may loose some reception and i would just press dismiss & it would work.
    But now nothing, no message or anything it just doesn't respond, and after i unplug the phone and open the ipod it just crashes, the only way to get it to work again is to respring after it was plugged in. ipod has becomes useless.. does anyone know how to fix this problem?
    thanks in advance
    2010-10-25 11:32 PM
    Restore and use another tool. Redsn0w seems to be buggy for 4.1. You might try using Sn0wbreeze instead. Just be sure to deselect activate in expert mode in Sn0wbreeze so you can activate in iTunes manually with AT&T SIM to avoid push and YouTube problems.
    2010-10-26 12:59 AM
    thanks!
    do i need to restore or can i just run sn0wbreeze?
    and this will fix the problem?
    2010-10-26 01:35 AM
    You dont have to restore. Just build the custom firmware in Sn0wbreeze and shift+restore to it.
    2010-10-26 01:38 AM
    sorry but is there a link on how to build a custom firmware or is there instructions like redsnow?
    2010-10-26 01:42 AM
    It's pretty straightforward, just follow the directions in Sn0wbreeze. Put it in expert mode when it asks you. You'll wanna deselect activate like I said earlier to avoid push and YouTube problems. Unless you don't have an AT&T SIM... but I assume you do since you're on 4.1 already so your baseband must be updated.
    2010-10-26 01:46 AM
    thank you very much!! im just reading up on snowbreeze right now
    but this will fix my ipod right?
    2010-10-26 02:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD