Hi guys,I recently have been having issues with my calls where people cannot hear me but I can hear them. It happens every phone call and I was told to do various things but nothing worked so I was told to restore to factory settings. The problem is My phone is jailbroken. I dowloaded aptbackup and synced my iphone ready to restore but it said that the it would restore my iphone with 4.1.0 firmware which would lose me all of my cydia apps etc. What do I do?? thanks J
    2010-11-12 02:23 AM
    Do you have shsh file for 4.0.1 , open cydia and see if you have it.

If you do not need unlock, restore to 4.1 and jailbreak with GP or limera1n.
    All restore will wipe out everything and that is what you want, you don't want a backup restore because you are having issue at the moment.
    If you restore from backup, all your problems will be transferred to your newly restored iphone.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-11-12 at 02:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-11-12 02:28 AM
    I have downgraded before with shsh file but I dont realy know what it is or where it is

what about al of my cydia apps etc?
    and how do I jailbreak with limera1n

Also do you have any idea why my iphone is doing what it is I cant understand?
    Last edited by raktoni; 2010-11-12 at 02:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-11-12 02:34 AM
    I just PM you to the link. When you run redsn0w, check only the dfu box.
    2010-11-12 02:36 AM
    does atpbackup work if I get cydia through limera1n??

Im really confused as to what to do
    Last edited by raktoni; 2010-11-12 at 03:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-11-12 03:04 AM
    It will, but if you already have a problem, then you do a aptbackup, it will also backup your problems which you don't want.
    You need to install one by one manually.

However, you can sync contacts,photos, videos and i think notes too back to your newly restored iphone.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-11-12 at 03:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-11-12 03:11 AM
    So lastly. I'm not sure what you mean by locked. But I am on o2 network and the iPhone doesn't work with another sim card. Is that what you mean? Basically then what I do is restore my phone then download limera1n and cydia and individually get all my old cydia apps, right?
    2010-11-12 03:38 AM
    Yes, if your iphone is with 02, then you are with official carrier. You can check if from Cydia, if you don't have Ultrasn0w installed and you are able to use the iphone on this carrier, it means you are with official carrier and do not need unlock.
    Therefore, you can restore , not update in itunes and jailbreak with Limera1n again.
    Cydia will be there , you can install your stuffs again.
    2010-11-12 03:43 AM
    I have to update because when you restore it updates your itunes to the newest one.
    2010-11-12 03:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD