I wanted to send out a post to let everyone that was having the same issues I had on there 3G Jailbroke with redsn0w to give Sn0wbreeze a try.

I was met with all types of instability issues. Navigation apps that would never open, just hang up. Trying to open settings page would hang up from time to time and then eventually go back to the home screen. And the biggest issues I had was if I had my phone plugged in and rebooted, or was turned off from the battery drained it would get stuck in a constant reboot cycle until I unplugged it. This was whether it be charging or USB to my PC.

So I re-jailbroke 3 more times and was still getting the same problems every time. I was told it had nothing to do with jailbreaking it and it was because 4.1 was too much for the 3G to handle. I tested this theory by Restoring to 4.1 and not jailbreaking it, low and behold it worked fine. So I decided to give Sn0wbreeze a go and so far so good.
    Last edited by tjlmbklr; 2010-11-13 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Added info
    2010-11-12 10:43 PM
    Sounds good, whatever floats ur boat
    2010-11-12 10:58 PM
    Sounds good, whatever floats ur boat
    No boat floating here, just cold hard facts!
    2010-11-13 08:51 PM
    im going with you as i had TONS of issues with redsnow after installing mobile substrate. i uninstall that and phone works fine but then whats the use of cydia?

I can not in my rght mind use snow breeze at this point, and its no the 3g as with snowbreeze everything works fine even with multitasking.

i JB and set up a 3g for my GF (with no data plan fingers crossed) and used redsnow through some trial and error of activation. phone already started crashing the settings and im gonna have to redo it with SB to finalize everything.

Honestly alot of this happened more after the rock cydia merge than anything.
    2010-11-13 09:13 PM
    It could very well be the jb tool but to be honest, it's different for everyone. I had my iPT 2G jb on 4.1 with sn0wbreeze and it lagged. Restored and jb again on 4.1 with greenpois0n and instantly I saw the difference. Smoother and faster.

So I really think it just depends. Some say greenpois0n works better than limera1n on iP4, I used Limera1n and it's fine
    2010-11-13 09:29 PM
    Believe me, I would have loved to use greenp0sion but it doesn't work with the 3G
    2010-11-14 12:07 AM
    Lol I know, I was just making a point that some tools for some reason work better for others than other tools.
    2010-11-14 01:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD