User Tag List

]Hi everyone. I'm using an iPhone 3G 4.1 and I'm very excited but terrified at the same time to be wanting to jailbreak it. I'm finding it very intimidating and confusing to know just what to do. I tried limerain, but the whole process froze and I had to restore my iphone. Then I was told to use redsnow. I've downloaded it, but now it seems I must also download the firmware 4.1 to my desktop? I'm very, very confused and lost. (Not a tekkie). Can someone out there please, please, please walk me through the whole process step by step? I'm terrified of getting it wrong and ruining my phone, which has been running perfectly for the last year. Thank you so much
    2010-11-14 02:51 PM
    Use redsn0w and download the 4.1 firmware. You can follow this guide: http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=12115
    Last edited by Simon; 2010-11-14 at 03:49 PM.
    2010-11-14 02:56 PM
    Thank you very much for that link. I shall go through it and keep my fingers crossed!
    2010-11-14 03:04 PM
    Sn0wbreeze 2.1 tutorial | iPhone Blogr

Download Sn0wbreeze 2.1 and the 4.1 ipsw (go to felixbruns.de to get it). In the General tab in Sn0wbreeze, if you have an official SIM, avoid hacktivating. If not, go ahead and hacktivate. You can fix any post-problems with Push or YouTube, come back and I'll further explain how to fix them.

Use redsn0w and downloasd the 4.1 firmware. You can follow this guide: iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3G Using RedSn0w (Windows) [4.1]
    Gettin faster than me -.-
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2010-11-14 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-11-14 03:06 PM
    Wow thank you guys soooo much for the lightning fast replies!!! I will definitely try one or the other. Neither of you has had any problems with the jailbreaking? Iphone didn't freeze or fail to restore? That's my biggest fear
    2010-11-14 03:09 PM
    I have never had any serious issues with jailbreaking. Nothing I couldnt figure out myself or with the help of this forum anyway.

Gettin faster than me -.-
    Last edited by Simon; 2010-11-14 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-11-14 03:52 PM
    That's very reassuring. One last question...what's the issue with jailbroken phones and firmware updates? Do I have to jailbreak each and every time I update my version? And is it the same jailbreak each time or do I have to wait for a version-specific jailbreak? thank you.
    2010-11-15 04:06 AM
    Updates will always wipe away a jailbreak, so yes after every update you need to jailbreak again. The jailbreaks can change from time to time so it is always best to check first to see if the most recent firmware is jailbreakable or not before updating.
    2010-11-15 04:12 AM
    Okay, thanks very much for that. I will keep it in mind.
    2010-11-15 05:27 AM
    hi everyone why today i try dl CYDIA to my iphone 3g 3.1.3 by jailbreakme.com , when i slide to dl error messg come up"" FILE RECEIVED WAS INVALID" THEN ASK ME QUIT OR RETRY ?????? PLS HELP
    2010-11-15 08:23 PM
    hi everyone why today i try dl CYDIA to my iphone 3g 3.1.3 by jailbreakme.com , when i slide to dl error messg come up"" FILE RECEIVED WAS INVALID" THEN ASK ME QUIT OR RETRY ?????? PLS HELP
    Use Spiritjb.com from your computer to jailbreak at 3.1.3 or you can use redsn0w 0.9.4 but you will browse to 3.1.2 ipsw not 3.1.3
    2010-11-15 08:27 PM
    So jailbreakme.com have problem now ????
    2010-11-15 08:38 PM
    No, it doesn't. Jailbreakme 2.0 works best at 4.0 or 4.0.1
    2010-11-15 08:52 PM
    can you help me upgrade my 3g 3.1.3 to 4.0 or 4.0.1 pls ni was try it alway error it
    thank
    2010-11-15 09:19 PM
    You'll want to upgrade it to 4.1 if anything. It's better than 4.0.x for a 3G iPhone. Go to the link I provided on my previous post for Sn0wbreeze if you need to maintain an unlock.
    2010-11-15 09:25 PM
    ]Hi everyone. I'm using an iPhone 3G 4.1 and I'm very excited but terrified at the same time to be wanting to jailbreak it. I'm finding it very intimidating and confusing to know just what to do. I tried limerain, but the whole process froze and I had to restore my iphone. Then I was told to use redsnow. I've downloaded it, but now it seems I must also download the firmware 4.1 to my desktop? I'm very, very confused and lost. (Not a tekkie). Can someone out there please, please, please walk me through the whole process step by step? I'm terrified of getting it wrong and ruining my phone, which has been running perfectly for the last year. Thank you so much
    Hi guys...helpp!! The good news is that I've managed to jailbreak successfully - thank you to all of you who helped. Now the bad...
    1: My Ipod won't play anymore. I've tried turning the phone off and on, but it still won't play anything
    2: Strangely, an internet radio station that I've got DOES play, however, it will not play through my ipod dock anymore. I've got two ipod dock/speakers and before I jailbroke my phone I had no problems playing my phone through the speakers.
    3: I downloaded calendar lock. Have there been any similar problems with that app?

Thank you again.....
    2010-11-16 12:31 AM
    Hmmm... You may want to try a custom 4.1 firmware to jailbreak instead of using redsn0w if it is giving you issues. A step by step to do that can be found here: iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3G Using PwnageTool (Mac) [4.1]
    2010-11-16 12:40 AM
    Hello....thanks for the quick reply. But I don't understand what you mean. The phone has already been jailbroken with red snow. Do you mean to jailbreak it again with the pwange tool? Do I need to restore the phone first and then re-jailbreak it? And what on earth is a pwnage tool??? (sorry, real non-tekkie)
    2010-11-16 12:46 AM
    To clarify, you mean no sound?Since it works with one app, it may be a configuration issue.

I've noticed while going from 2G to 3G to 3GS and the various firmware versions (1.x, 2.x, 3.x, 4.x), my external docks are no longer compatible. This is Apple and it stinks big time
    2010-11-16 12:47 AM
    To clarify, you mean no sound?Since it works with one app, it may be a configuration issue.

I've noticed while going from 2G to 3G to 3GS and the various firmware versions (1.x, 2.x, 3.x, 4.x), my external docks are no longer compatible. This is Apple and it stinks big time
    Hi there...not just no sound. I can call up my playlists, but when I hit a song, nothing happens. It's as though the ipod just freezes. The screen doesn't even move to the play page. But like I said, strangely enough, it will play the internet radio station. Just not the ipod, and it won't play the internet station through the dock like it used to.

I also went to the iphone settings page, but I don't know what configuration to put in. It's all as it was before I jailbroke the phone
    2010-11-16 12:52 AM
44 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD