Dear All,

I have a 32GB, 3Gs running 3.1.2, all was going fine for the past 6 months, then suddenly today my iphone froze. I reset it - holding down the power and front buttons together. Got the recovery logo - as per usual - then used blackra1n to jailbreak as per usual.

THEN unfortunately i got a spinning wheel on geohot, then the phone goes back to recovery mode. tried jailbreaking about 5 times now and the same keeps happening. I have also tried resetting various times with no avail.

Please help! Should I download then restore back to 3.1.2 via iTunes?
    - bit dubious doing this as when it tries to verify with apple it will probably fail right?

Not sure what else to try?!

Thanks, D.
    2010-11-17 03:56 PM
    1. Do you want to stay on 3.1.2?

2. Do you need an unlock?

3. Do you have SHSH on file for 3.1.2 or any of the firmwares before 4.1? If you don't know, download Tiny Umbrella and check.
    2010-11-17 04:51 PM
    1. Do you want to stay on 3.1.2?

-- unless I can upgrade and unlock somehow? - ideally I would stay at 3.1.2, whatever is more simple to be honest.

2. Do you need an unlock?

-- Not sure what you mean by this?.. I was unlocked using cydia, and jailbroken via blackra1n.
    I'm not an expert (clearly).

3. Do you have SHSH on file for 3.1.2 or any of the firmwares before 4.1? If you don't know, download Tiny Umbrella and check.

Will do this now.

Thanks for your help!

ok how do I use TinyUmbrella?

can't seem to save my SHSH, and don't have any by the looks of things :-(

anyone any suggestions? pleeeeeease.
    Last edited by Drew_man; 2010-11-17 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-11-17 06:43 PM
    It seems you have 2 threads going here.

http://modmyi.com/forums/general-iph...lp-please.html

Poseidon79 is helping you over there. You are not going to get better help than that! Good luck!
    2010-11-17 08:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD