Hello everyone

currently running ios 3.1.2 on iphone 3g I had used blackrain on it last year which worked pretty well, now i wanted to upgrade to ios 4.1 and was wondering if i had to put back to factory default and lose everything before upgrading and then jailbreak again...

thanks in advance
    2010-11-18 02:38 AM
    If you do not need unlock, restore to 4.1 and jailbreak with Redsn0w 0.9.6b1 or b2
    2010-11-18 03:01 AM
    thank you iYeow, correct me if im wrong but is the only use for unlocking my iphone is to be able to change carriers if so its not a biggy for me since my service is pretty good and I dont have a problem with it.

to restore it do i simply plug it into itunes and install the new ios from there or do i have to do something in the phone before

thanks again
    2010-11-18 03:10 AM
    Yes, download Redsn0w 0.9.6b2 and check mark only put iphone into DFU mode. You have to download the stock 4.1 fw as well because when you run redsn0w , you have to browse to this file. Do you dfu count correctly and you will arrive at " DFU done.
    The next step is to create a custom ipsw of 4.1 from Pwnage tools. If you don't want to create, i have one made up. I will PM you for the link.

Once DFU is done, open up itunes and do the Shift + Restore to custom Fw of 4.1.
    Once restored you are jailbroken at 4.1 , unlock with Ultrasn0w from Cydia.

Edit : Make sure you have the latest itunes.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-11-18 at 04:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-11-18 04:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD