Thanks very much for your help.
    2011-04-04 03:03 PM
    You do know the redsnow will update your bb as well!! And you will lose your unlock, right?
    2011-04-04 03:30 PM
    Post #737 reconfirms his phone is factory unlocked.

Or so I believed...

To clarify:

If you need a software unlock, you need to preserve your BB

If you have an unlocked phone, an iPad or a phone that you will never, ever want to unlock using software, then RedSn0w is easier but it does update the BB.
    Last edited by confucious; 2011-04-04 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
    2011-04-04 04:25 PM
    Yes I can use any operator sim, does this mean my 3GS is unlocked??
    Is firmware the same as bb?which is (05.15.04). Will bb change if I update to 4.3.1 then jb??? What changes will happen if bb is changed???
    Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails General Info for Jailbreaking iPhone 3GS, 4, & 4S-imageuploadedbymodmyi.jpg  
    2011-04-04 04:45 PM
    There is an website to check and see if your device is factory unlock, if so then you have nothing to worrie about, just update to 4.3.1 and jb with redsnow.. Hope that helps
    2011-04-04 05:36 PM
    What's the name of the web site?
    Thanks
    2011-04-04 05:42 PM
    But if you find out that your phone is software unlock, you better check and see what bb it's on and if it's unlockable, then you need to jb with either pwnagetool or snowbreeze to preserve bb to unlock later when a new ultrasnow is release, old ultrasnow dies not support 4.3.1
    2011-04-04 05:42 PM
    Hey guys im Jailbroken on 4.3.1 , I used snow breez as my tool of choice but i keep having trouble with my service bars because they never go above 1 bar. I was told that i have to turn hactivation off or on i dont remeber but i dont know how to do that anyway. Does anyone know how to fix this problem.
    2011-04-04 05:58 PM
    I'm on the road, I'll get back to u later!!
    2011-04-04 06:46 PM
    Hey guys im Jailbroken on 4.3.1 , I used snow breez as my tool of choice but i keep having trouble with my service bars because they never go above 1 bar. I was told that i have to turn hactivation off or on i dont remeber but i dont know how to do that anyway. Does anyone know how to fix this problem.
    Sn0wBreze as a tool of choice! Why?

There is a known bug with preserved base bands where the number of bars displays incorrectly.
    A fix is being worked on, in the mean time, just ignore it. It is just a display problem and does not reflect actual reception.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
    2011-04-04 07:06 PM
    Sorry, sort of new to these forums so I hope I do not transgress any rules! I just upgraded my phone to 4.3.1 with the newest pwnageTool this morning and I am having the same problem that I always have when I upgrade. I just made a backup of my phone two days ago so I thought I was safe but alas not so. When I finished the jailbreak and restored from my backup I had the same issue. Virtually all of my apps are not restored. Contacts yes, photos yes, but the only apps I seem to have are the stock iPhone 4 apps. Obvious I am doing SOMETHING WRONG. I love my jailbroken phone but this is a total pain in the bumm having to reinstall EVERYTHING! I am open to comments and suggestions. Thanks to all
    2011-04-04 08:46 PM
    Anything jailbreak related gets wiped with a restore/update/ You have to reinstall all of them again. You can use something like pkgbackup to reinstall stuff quickly though.
    2011-04-04 09:00 PM
    I really want to try this.I'm new to forum and to JB are there any threads with a step by step tutorial? Should I try youtube? Thanks for any advice.
    2011-04-04 09:15 PM
    ^It's really easy if you fully understand the steps. Most problems occur because someone jumps in with both feet, ... then start reading and end up guessing what to do. iClarified.Com (tutorial section) has excellent tutorials.
    2011-04-04 09:18 PM
    I really want to try this.I'm new to forum and to JB are there any threads with a step by step tutorial? Should I try youtube? Thanks for any advice.
    iClarified has some good tutorials for the new jailbreaks already.
    2011-04-04 09:18 PM
    ^It's really easy if you fully understand the steps. Most problems occur because someone jumps in with both feet, ... then start reading and end up guessing what to do. iClarified.Com (tutorial section) has excellent tutorials.
    iClarified has some good tutorials for the new jailbreaks already.
    I'll look into that.Thank you.
    2011-04-04 09:23 PM
    thank you
    2011-04-04 10:01 PM
    Yeah, that much i knew. I tried using both pkdbackup and aptbackup with little to no success. Even app store apps are not coming back. I must have something setup wrong with itunes or something. ARGH!!! It's not even so much the apps as the themes. I have literally DAYS worth of time getting a couple of them setup right (OS7 and iNavHD in particular) and all that is gone and must be redone. I realize this is the life of a jailbreaker but it is certainly frustrating. As far as pkgbackup, I can still see the backup package on my contacts list but the app will not recognize it. Oh well, I have nothing better to do anyway...
    2011-04-04 10:06 PM
    so even when it says no service i might still have service?
    2011-04-04 10:06 PM
    If it says you have no service then you have no service. It sounds like you hactivated when you shouldn't have done.
    2011-04-04 10:14 PM
1,174 ... 28363738394048 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD