I'm planning on reinstalling OSX on my laptop just to give it a fresh reboot, but I didn't know what precautions I should take so when I reinstall the OS, and get everything updated, how I can make sure everything still stays on my Jailbroken phone, and iTunes doesn't throw a fit.

I didn't know if there were folders I could backup/restore to trick iTunes and make life a lot easier.
    2010-11-20 07:53 PM
    reinstalling your computer OS shouldnt affect your jailbroken phone in any way.
    2010-11-20 08:20 PM
    My concern is like it screwing with say the folders and such I've put apps in, which is what happened when I upgraded the phone from the 3G to the 4.
    2010-11-20 08:37 PM
    You have to de-authorize your itunes first, make sure you copy Mobile applications folder which is located in Libraries >Music> itunes> Itunes Music >Mobile applications , pictures, videos onto an external drive.
    After the installation of OSX, copy mobile applications folder onto your desktop before you install itunes.
    You can only authorize five computers for each account. If you don't do this, you will lose one computer less to authorize for that account.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-11-20 at 10:49 PM.
    2010-11-20 09:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD